someone talk me out of it!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if they already provide a map on the s300 they give you, then yeah it makes more sense. Id still have it dyno tested and monitor it yourself with the AFR gauge. For a short time i think you might be okay with whatever map they give you, but id recommend budgeting for some dyno and tuner time.

As for the kit being bolt on. It took us about 2 days to get the kit installed on the accord. It went pretty smoothly, just a lot of work to do. Removing the intake is a pain...and making that thing fit in an accord was even more fun. I think the JRSC that they make for the GSR does fit in a GSR-EG, but dont hold me to that.

I actually have the jdm gsr motor out of the car. It was in there for about a year, but I pulled it in may due to me driving 1000 miles a week for this crappy arrangement at work. Right now its on an engine stand in my house. I plan on installing the system before dropping the motor in... should save me from some of the usual installation hassles.

On a side note, I'm replacing the HG and thowing in some arp head studs while the motor is out.

preventative measures are always a good thing...as i said, let us know how everything works out for ya.

One thing ive learned that for a street/auto crossing or anything like that a supercharger is the way to go.

You get the power out of the corner faster than you can with a turbo and wait for it.

I forget who told me that but it was someone over at the zcr.

its a true story...you have more lower end power. However unless you are in TIGHT corners, it really doesnt matter cause youll be keeping the revs up like a good little boy :).

The install is this weekend... I can't wait! I'll be sure to take lotts of pictures and video.

And yeah, the reason I got it is for the low end power. The car is going to be alot more fun around town during "normal" driving. Look at the dyno curve above: I should be making quite a bit more torque at 2000 rpm's than I was making at peak torque on the stock b18c.

Yes superchargers are fun. for me there more fun than turbos, but then again iam not a drag racer.

if they already provide a map on the s300 they give you, then yeah it makes more sense. Id still have it dyno tested and monitor it yourself with the AFR gauge. For a short time i think you might be okay with whatever map they give you, but id recommend budgeting for some dyno and tuner time.

As for the kit being bolt on. It took us about 2 days to get the kit installed on the accord. It went pretty smoothly, just a lot of work to do. Removing the intake is a pain...and making that thing fit in an accord was even more fun. I think the JRSC that they make for the GSR does fit in a GSR-EG, but dont hold me to that.
sorry for the threadjack, but what year accord was it?

it was a 94, but know that we had to use a torch and reshape the firewall to get it to fit.

The motor is put together, and I pulled the d15 out of the car. Took me 4 hours in the street, by myself, and with no pneumatic tools. Not too shabby I'd say

In the street? That sucks.

I've been so spoiled w/ my garage. I'm moving this week & I really think that I'm going to miss the garage more than anything. Hopefully I can find an affordable place w/ at least a freaking car port....

yeah in the street... and the side by the curb has a nasty sludge of water and rotten leaves. Thats what happens whrn you don't have a garage or a driveway.

Ok the motor is in the car... just not running yet. Friday afternoon the kit showed up from UPS. As soon as I got it, I was working on it till 2AM in the morning. It was nice having boxes and boxes of parts waiting to go on my car. It reminded me of The Fast and the Furious when they have all the parts laid out waiting to go on the supra. I was like a little kid on christmas, except I now have a much smaller checking account:mad:

The charger went on pretty easily... my friend dropped a bolt down into the manifold, and by the grace of god it didn't go into the engine. Today we finished the motor, wired up the boost guage, and wideband, and put the motor into the car. All thats left is the, torque mounts, exhauts, linkage, axles, and fabbing up a bracket to mount the teg radiator. Hopefully it will be running soon! Many pics and Video to come soon.

THREAD-PIGS.jpg

Looking fwd to seeing teh install!

hey hey be nice

im working on it... the car is put together, but not running! Somehow the main relay decided to go bad, so right now I'm gonna resolder the connections, and test it out. I'm Still not getting spark either. Its just a matter of checking fuses, grounds, and relacing stuff. Its almost there, and its driving me crazy because it looks sick and I can't use it.:mad:

I have tons of pics, but im not gonna get them up till the car runs.

IT LIVES!!!!! I got the car started today. I'm getting a code 41, which is the primary 02 heater. The car is running very rich off the basemap hondata gave me. Other than that, the car is fast as hell!

its supposed to run a little more rich than N/A. What AFR reading are you getting, or is it just the fact the O2 sensor is going off?

The wideband is reading like 8:1 during normal driving and idling. During throttle tip in and tip out, it jumps up to 10:1. So it is running way to rich. The map is for a 10:1 CR us b18c1 @10 psi. My setup is a 10.6:1 jdm b18c running 8 psi. Would the car running extremely rich cause the o2 sensor code to go off?

The bottom line is that I need to get it tuned. In the mean time, I need to butt dyo the thing myself. What is a good A/F for idle? Any suggestions?

Back