someone talk me out of it!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

An 8:1 a/f ratio is as low as the guage reads! so I am probably getting worse! I also need to hook the wideband up to my computer just to make sure I'm getting accurate readings.

The car has a somewhat lumpy idle, and seems to search for an idle rmp for a few seconds before settling down. Duing cruising and constant throttle angle, the car seems to bog and lurch slightly.

yeah, definitely need to get that tuned. You arent in any IMMEDIATE danger by driving it, but running that rich will fuck up the internals (unburned gas, and likely cause quite a bit of backfiring).

if youre running 8:1 on the gauge, try adding some timing...give the fuel a little more time to burn. just keep an eye on the gauge and be very cautious.

By adding timing, I assume you mean advancing it. Would you do this manually through the distributor, or do it through hondata?

since your rich all over, id do it by distributor, and then have hondata even it out over the rest of the power band if its still not enough.

well, i fixed the CEL by fixing some 02 sensor wiring. The car is still acting retarded, and is running stupid rich. The TB is acting wierd too. When I get on it, then let off, the car has a higher idle. If I blip the throttle a little, it settles down to where it should be. If i use my foot to pull the pedal out, the thing stalls out. I think the throttle plate is binding or something, because i checked the cable, and its not that.

I have to give you props for the initiative and patience with this.

Sometimes I would like to resort to letting it meet my good friend MC.
sledgehammer.jpg

Its MC Hammer for those who don't get it"

I have to give you props for the initiative and patience with this.

Sometimes I would like to resort to letting it meet my good friend MC.
sledgehammer.jpg

Its MC Hammer for those who don't get it"
m

ROLF!!!! I'm drunk, which makes this even finnier!

talk you out of it ??? why ???

my 93 del sol SI loves the jackson racing supercharger that replaced the turbo set up that WAS on the car ... its great ...if you need pictures of it .. holler

Back