Someone's throwin' codes at me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

utn

So the current status on my B16A1 '89 CRX is this. If the VTEC is working, I don't notice it, which seems unlikely, so I'm guessin its not workin. Secondly my rex starts to smoke it hard when I'm driving, and rev past 5,500 RPMs, then after about 5 minutes will stop, but it still smells like a go-kart. These are the following codes that my ECU is throwing at me.
According to http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/ecucodes these are what the numbers mean.

"2) Oxygen sensor "B" - Defective circiut or unplugged/ Defective sensor"

"10) IAT (Intake Air Temperature)sensor- Defective circuit or unplugged/Defective sensor"

"14) IAC (Intake Air Control) Valve- Defective circuit or unplugged / Defective sensor"

"23) Knock Sensor - Defective circuit or unplugged / Defective sensor"

I ran a search and someone said that VTEC sometimes won't work if your knock sensor is not working properly. Could any of these cause me to burn my oil so badly? Could this be the reason why my VTEC does not seem to work? Can I check any of these sensors myself?

Thanks a lot,
Scott

im pretty sure the o2 code will put the car in "limp mode" where vtec wont engage. the AIT sensor, you can get off an integra, just go to the junk yard with a screw driver and put it in your pocket (they are small). and im glad that someone elses b16 swap smell kinda funny at high rpms, cuz mine and my friends cars bith smell funny when we lay into em'.

Back