Something ain't right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drock42

So the swap's been done for a while but the car is running like shit. Once it's warmed up it runs good...not like it should however. But first things first, when I start it, it tries to die...so I give it gas and have to pump it to keep the revs up. If I hold my foot on the throttle...say to about 4k...it'll drop down and then come back up...until it's warmed up...then it stays at 4k where it should. The car is obd2 and the engine and ecu are obd1. Used a conv. harness but do I still need to switch pins a6 and a11? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. And if you need more info let me know. This shit is driving me nuts...as I have no experience with this shit and it's been my first big project. Thanks guys!

ps - i checked and replaced the tps sensor so I don't think that's the problem.

I think you switch pins A6 and A11 in 94-95 Accords only. I won't guarantee it though.

My buddy had a hell of a fucking time getting his car to idle. I doubt it's the same problem, but it won't cost anything to check.

He did not get a code for EGR, but blocking the vacuum hoses to the EGR made it idle perfect. Carbon was blocking flow to the valve and screwing up the works. His problem usually only occured once the car was warm.

Do you get any codes?

I agree. A bad O2 sensor can make a car run like dog shit. My sister's oldsmobile flooded itself out so bad it killed the engine from freeway speed. I'd definitely put in a new O2 sensor, unless you think it's wired wrong. If nothing else, you probably needed a new one anyway.

I would think with two out of 3 o2 sensors plugged in, it wouldn't affect it that much. But what do I know. I should get my mil eliminator in soon so if that's all that's wrong it should be an easy fix. It's just that when I start the car...the engine light stays off, until after so long...then when it picks up that 3rd o2 sensor and comes on...it doesn't affect how the car runs that much. The problem is mostly when I first start it. Oh well...probably no quick solution...just gonna have to sort it out over time with trial and error. I was just hoping someone out there had the dealt with this before. Thanks for the help guys!

Originally posted by B18C_NA@Feb 23 2004, 02:54 PM
check your firing order

I'll get on that just as soon as the rain stops...gonna need a jump before I can do anything. Figures! <_<

just the o2 sensor that's not connected.
you know an 02 sensor isnt just used for smog... my h22 was doing that before i found out the egr wasnt a map sensor LOL.

Back