something isnt right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

hey ive just recently dropped my b17a1 into my 92 vx and i used my vx harness, the problem im havin is that there a more plugs on the wiring harness then there are on the engine, and the engine runs but it runs like crap and the guages dont work, as far as rpms and speedometer, anybody know what i need to do?

Originally posted by arroshiz@Sep 12 2004, 10:12 AM
yah kool story but unless u are turbo'd then u are lying...theres no way you hung with a gsx, first of all he woulda jumped u off the line like crazy...and that turbo is way better than ur vtec...the reason i know this is cause i have a gsr'd 92 hatch, and my friend has a 92 gsx and he still kills me, i can beat 96+ si's and pretty much all vtec hondas that are stock cept the h22a, but i havent race one yet so i dont know how i'd do agaisnt one...either ur friends car was screwed up or he didnt know how to drive
[post=389304]Quoted post[/post]​

A little OT, but how could you have done this if the swap isn't even completed yet?

Anyway take some pictures of the harness and the plugs that need to be plugged in.

what you should have done is labeled all the plugs as they came off the VX motor and then transfered them all that way- now you're going to have to find good wiring diagrams for both your car and for a the integra GSR that donated your motor

But What ECU are you using?

i had a hatch before this one i have now and i bought it already with a gsr motor in it, i totalled it in a head on collision, luckily i didnt get hurt but still...idk which ecu to use, i have the gsr one and vx one, vx one is a p07 and gsr is a p61

Back