something new i heard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
one of my friends from P.R came to my house while on vacation......and told me that people in P.R were using suzuki vitara pistons in honda blocks...in my mind i was like "wow what a liar" but i called my cousin and he said that it was true...its cheaper than after market pistons and they fit...go figure....any thoughts...has any one heard the same......??

i still dont believe it but i dont know the bore of the vitaras :blink:

It's a similar head. I'd be more interested in making the thin DOHC heads fit than the tin pistons.

my GF has a Tracker / Vitara. 1.6 liter. The cams are staggered, with an internal cog to the other. IT's a strange little motor, but it's not a powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination.

-> Steve

Edit: I do Humbly shut my f*ckin mouth :)

yup- called the panda motor.
i think you can use na supra pistons or somethign too. they are the same 76mm bore.

i've heard of the panda and using supra pistons...

but never anything about using vitara pistons
lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 23 2005, 11:50 AM
yup- called the panda motor.
i think you can use na supra pistons or somethign too. they are the same 76mm bore.
[post=465139]Quoted post[/post]​

75mm bore. :p

"TurboPanda" is the one who spread the Supra piston deal to Honda-Tech... this one hasn't been given a name other than "Puerto Rico style" yet.

ha....its just were the people that i heard it from are from.....i'm sure it did not originate there...also most people in P.R dont like hondas that much..its more DSM/toyota and rotarys

Ive actually been thinking about doing this for a while now. Building a D-series for turbo with the Vitara pistons. I guess I should read up on it first and weight it against LS/VTEC.

for the price of new suzuki pistons you can get a good used set of d series pistons. we have be using d pistons in the sammys for years

Am I the only one who was honestly confused and thought P.R. meant 'Public Relations' 'till further in the thread? :blink:

I need to get out of the office. :D

Originally posted by formby@Feb 23 2005, 04:50 PM
ha....its just were the people that i heard it from are from.....i'm sure it did not originate there...also most people in P.R dont like hondas that much..its more DSM/toyota and rotarys
[post=465239]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh non nono...Thats bull....There are a lot of honda and integras in PR...
THats all you see when you go to the track.....specially the old ones....
I know for a fact that in PR a lot of peeple use the VItara pistons on their swift engines but, never heard of them in a honda engine.....I dont know..I'll find out tonight....I'll call my buddie......He drags @ (La PIsta De salinas..)

last time i went to P.R i went all over the metro caguas/bayamon/riopiedras/

it was great i did see hondas but nothing special...just a sick s200@ 25psi and SOHC. but i was amazed at the street draggin in front of mcdonals @12:30.... ha cops just were now where to be sceen
but almost all toyotas and dsm's

I dont know..I guess it all depends where you go.....
There are a lot of corollas and starlet(estanley)....
My brother just got back from there a few months ago and (lafiebre) was mostly itr and civics with h22's.....
Ohhh.. and also suzuki's....most of them were samurai's.....

Back