Something to brighten just about Everyone's Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

those huge chromes on the civic look like they are just placed in front of it...

also, this shit is 2398748 years old, just like the other thread with all the pics

Oh, I looked real quick and I thought it was a volkwagen. Since it's in a tire shop or some sort, I'm thinking the car was lowered onto the tires for the photo.

well...a wing on a rear wheel drive car is functional...but on a front wheel drive car...its just stupid...ive always thought about setting a wing on my hood and taking a pic of it just for the humor of weighing down my front end on the front wheel drive car...hahaha...

I've always thought a wing on the front actually made more sense on a fwd car as it would enhance cornering by reducing understeer. But realistically, wings on street cars are just for show. Mechanical grip(tires and suspension) is what really counts.

The notion of a roof scoop being functional is laughable.(Bwahahaha) How can something that sticks out and obstructs the natural tendancies of airflow and aerodynamics be beneficail to the car and improve performance?
Its not for the car, its for the driver/navigator. Those bitches get hot, even in the winter.

Think about it this way. The car is essentially a "plow".... it forges a path through the airstream. I know there's scientific data to back me up here somewheres. So the more crap you put on the exterior, and the more paths you force the air to travel through, the less aerodynamic the car is. I can't remember who started doing it, but doesn't Ferarri have underbody panels that improve air travel?
Pretty sure F-1 started really shaping the way air moves under a car, but who knows-it could go back to indy/nascar/etc.

The chrome rims aren't on the Civic...look between the guys legs, theres a friggin tire in the middle of the rocker

Back