Something Very Simple! (headlights On Civic 2k2)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrHaTcH89

Watap guyz, i just got my cuzin a set of blue headlights that just replace the stock ones for his new gen civic (2002) i cant find a way to get them on, its really tite around the area and a big thing is that there is a FAT rubber piece that holds the headlight in place and i don't know how to budge it out. just tell me if i have to take out the whole headlight or what exactly i have to do or take apart to get it on. i dont know if there is any easy way but if they make these types of headlights for it there must be an easy way to do it rite. plz help, replies from any1 will help.. ty!! =)

the easiest thing to do would be to bring the blue lights back to the store tell them they dont fit and get your money back

the blue lights kinda suck and dont give you shit for visability at night especially in rain or fog

but anyway ... if i remember correctly you have to twist the rubber/plastic thing to get it to unlock then everything will come out (??????) not too sure its been like 2.5 years since ive had to replace a bulb

Take the blue headlightsback they are :ghey: and everytime I see them in a car, blue green or whatever color, any color other than OEM I :puke: b'cuz it's desgusting... So take em back... and save up for HID conversion, it's only 800 or more... L8er

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@May 9 2003, 11:11 AM
save up for HID conversion, it's only 800 or more... L8er

Not even- the high quality H4 kits with high and low beam are available for about $500 now. You can go higher if you want the more bluish or purplish light, but the light output is decreased- so why bother? The cheaper colors produce more usable light. You can go as cheap as $300, but those are usually low-beam only kits with crap parts.

After going through too many sets of expensive PIAAs, I'm just going to go back to OEM housings convert to HIDs. What's more stock looking than stock, right?

:lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 8 2003, 11:50 PM
the blue lights kinda suck and dont give you shit for visability at night especially in rain or fog

:werd: i have tried blue lights. even though the wattage is the same as stock, they seem alot darker. you won't see a damn thing on a rainy night. also, they are illegal (for off-road use only).

i now run Sylvania Cool Blue headlights and they are the only ones ive tried which are about as bright as stock, yet give off whiter light. i tried a bunch of cheap "bright whites" before that. the Cool Blues were only $17 each (sold individually).

I had to use a screw driver and a hammer to hit the part of the harness that twists everything into place. There was so much dirt in the threads that that was the only way it would break free. I've got some 80W Nokya for the low beams and they put a little more light on the roads than stock. I have some super expensive PIAA's for the high beams and would run nothing less. My high beams were on and a friend had his 1,000,000 candlepower spot light next to them and they were putting out similiar light intensity.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 9 2003, 07:28 PM
:werd: i have tried blue lights. even though the wattage is the same as stock, they seem alot darker. you won't see a damn thing on a rainy night. also, they are illegal (for off-road use only).

Yup. That's because they use a coating on the bulb to screen out the yellow light and make it seem blue- so you're removing some of your useful light with the filter. Most anything with a coating on the bulb with the same wattage will be darker.

The Sylvanias and the PIAAs are worth the cash on replacement bulbs, and they aren't the "rice blue" that you get with the cheapies. Both the Sylvanias and the PIAAs are DOT legal too, so that's a plus.

:lol:

yea man i had those shitty blue bulbs for a while, until they melted the harness holding them in. the problem wit hondas is that they use a really high gauge wiring for the head lights (thin as shit) and some of those bulbs draw more watts to power them which causes more heat. im savin for real HID. anyone know if CATZ or Naxxos is any good? something better?

Catz = one of the top kits on the market today.

Philips doesn't make whole HID kits- they make parts that other people use.

I don't know about Naxos kits... they make decent bulbs, but I don't know anybody who has one. Then again, I've never heard anything bad about Naxos either.

hmmmm ok..... ive seen kits everywhere advertised as "philips" kits but all i could find on their website was the bulbs <_<

F it

get the CATZ

Back