something wrong here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greendelsol

ok my distributer just went out in my 93 del sol it has an engine from a 98 civic d16y8 in it i replaced the distributer with the one for a 98 d16y8 and now its acting all funny the plugs didnt match so i spliced them according to the wire diagram now my rpm guage just spins in circles its missing and its hitting a rev limiter and wont shift right yeah its automatic anyone have an answer for this

Its an OBDII distributor. It sounds like when you did the swap the stock distributor was retained. I'd buy a stock OBDI distributor for the sol and splice the wires back.

Ummm.... ok. I have a 93 and its right on my engine. Also every other honda that I've seen besides the new ones mount on the engine. Actually any car with a distributor that I've seen has it mounted on the engine. Do you know what a distributor is? Its the little thing on the engine that is spun by the engine that spins the little dohicky that makes the sparks...

Attachments

• 159-zrfyrqon0z.jpg
    159-zrfyrqon0z.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 158
  • dizzy.jpg
    dizzy.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 167
I agree with dtob.

Oh, & maybe you ended up with a Hitachi for the B16

Back