sometimes, i hate MN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just wanted to vent...

damn, you would not believe how hard it is to find a good condition, reasonably priced 96-00 civic HB. i love how everyone thinks they are a dealership and when they look up the bluebook values, they sell their car at dealership prices. there is this psycho lady here. she has a 99 civic dx hb with 57k miles. well... she is selling it for 7k... if that wasn't bad enough, when i went to see the car, it had a cracked left bumper, from her hitting the garage, and NUMEROUS, nasty, scrapes that have rusted over from her nooby driving, she hit some parking poles. i asked her if she got a quote from the autobody shop, she said "1500, but i factored that into the price" i looked up the bb value, and for a private seller, that car should only be selling for 6500... then subtract the 1500 for the body work and 5000 should be her highest selling price.

lol, my cousin bought a 97 wht LS with a built engine +turbo for 7k... but it wasn't running. no big deal, my cousin just worked on it for a day and it started, he said that the performace ecu wasn't working with the turbo set-up, so he just used a stock LS and it started up. so... a 97 civic HB with a 105hp engine+1500 in body damage for 7k? or a 97 ls+turbo that just needed a new ecu for 7k?

and today... a HB was posted TODAY(i've been checking it daily for the past 2 weeks), on cars.com... i called at 2pm and they informed me that they had 2 other people in front of me, so... i was like crap, it's gone for sure... especially at that price. and sure enough, i called about 30 minutes ago and it was sold!

and these are just for DX hb's... you don't even wanna know what they charge for 2dr ex coupes...

BUT when you get about 600 miles away from MN, seems like there a LOTS of civics available.

so with all this, i'm getting pretty tired of constantly searching for cars... and am seriously considering just getting an automatic then swapping out the engine and converting it to manual, later down the road. but it's just so much easier to get a manual... grrr... i was quoted by srdff.com, a shop based in MN for drift cars, that a auto to manual conversion for an s13 would cost $700 for labor... i swear i've seen other shops charge 300-500 for labor.

haha, well i finally got one, a black 97 dx HB, but it's auto =/ will have to convert later, when i do an engine swap.

Back