son of a bitch.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 15 2005, 12:36 PM
that was well put and I agree with most of it.

only part is the first paragraph. It's not the part where they just took us away. That's acceptable if we had some kind of vistitation. But we didn't until we were 10 years old, that's BS to me. There's absolutely no way we would have known what criminal acts he was doing, he's been out of jail for almost 11 years now.

The job of a parent/guardian is to protect their child. Protect them from negative influences and dangerous situations. They were simply trying to be good parents, even if you don't agree with their decision. If my father were a criminal there would be no way that my grandparents would let me visit him outside of jail visitation, regardless of whether or not they thought I knew what he had done or not.

When I was in jail at that time I was a juvenile. They had custody, they took the responsibility, to give up when I go to jail is also BS, they shouldn't have accepted the responsibility and I can honestly say they raised me like this, but let's not get off track.

Whys it BS. Its a deterrent to going back. Should you be rewarded for being in the slammer? Its bullshit you went to jail, when they accepted the responsibility to take care of you there's no way they would have thought that you would end up in jail. If I were your parent, I would disown you as well...until you got your act straight (seems like this is exactly what your grandmother did), just as my parents would do to me...and they're birth parents not guardians.

Once again, its a privelege not a right.

You should in no way feel negatively about them trying to protect you and for them not wanting a criminal as a son. You did the crime, you should pay the time. Don't go back to jail and you don't have to worry about the situation.

BTW in county and JDC's you get more than one phone call, a lot of times they'll let you make enough to get someone to bail you out if it's a minor offense, the only county in NJ that fucks with people's calls and shit is Morris CNTY, they monitor it completely, no collect calls, except at 7:30 PM with 2 C/O's monitoring and they have to dial the number.

For giggles...hypothetically, If I were to go to jail it would most likely be in Sussex/Morris county, since I live less than a mile from morris county and I live in sussex county.

I've done my fair share of stupid stuff but usually have been smart enough not to get caught. The other week after a bonfire/grill party at my friend's house in Morris county we went into town to get some marshmellows at the local Quick Chek. I was riding in the back there, which is unusual, but then I wanted my usual shotgun position back so i hop in the front of the car and see a bottle on the passenger side. I pick this glass snapple bottle up and just chuck it into the street. Next thing I know i look up and am like shit I think thats a cop car parked on the side of the street. Two kids are walking up towards us, cop pulls them over. I tell my friend to stop at the stop sign but to go right and get the fuck out of there. My friend blows the stop sign, we make it halfway down the street past the police station and to the firehouse and see the lights. My friend, "am I getting pulled over?" Me, "seat belts on, music down, shut the fuck up" Cop walks up looks through the window and moonroof (he was a big fellow) and says, "I'm going to ask one fucking time who threw that fucking bottle. We can do this the easy way and you tell me and go back and clean it up or the hard way - its a criminal offense to throw glass into the middle of a street." Me, "I'll clean it up, sir."

Next thing I know the guys asking me about what sports I played and said that, "I looked good" and shit. I was like, ummmm ...thank you.

lol...morris county thing.

again I understand where you're cvomming from. I seriously beleive my behavior came from not being around my own biological parents. I bthink in no way should kids be pulled from their parents, no matter what the situation is, unelss he raped them or something, you understand.

His crimes weren't haneous, we never would have known what he was doing. Shit you could've known him, he couldv'e robbed you and you never would have had a clue who did it.

They've raised me since I was young, they taught me how to do this and that, they let me smoke weed, kinda. They let me drink, kinda. When I was 13 they used to let me stay out as long as I wanted. I used to call them at 3 AM asking for a ride after some crazy party. They let the shit happen, they let me go back. They were aiding my behavior in a way.

There was no getting my act straight, that's how they let me be. then suddenly they should expect me to change. Sure I can do it, but I shouldn't have too.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 15 2005, 01:12 PM

Next thing I know the guys asking me about what sports I played and said that, "I looked good" and shit. I was like, ummmm ...thank you.
[post=512523]Quoted post[/post]​

He had the Gay for you.

Dude, You're slightly more to the right, politically, than Archie Bunker.

-> Steve

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 15 2005, 10:22 AM

again I understand where you're cvomming from. I seriously beleive my behavior came from not being around my own biological parents. I bthink in no way should kids be pulled from their parents, no matter what the situation is, unelss he raped them or something, you understand.

His crimes weren't haneous, we never would have known what he was doing. Shit you could've known him, he couldv'e robbed you and you never would have had a clue who did it.

They've raised me since I was young, they taught me how to do this and that, they let me smoke weed, kinda. They let me drink, kinda. When I was 13 they used to let me stay out as long as I wanted. I used to call them at 3 AM asking for a ride after some crazy party. They let the shit happen, they let me go back. They were aiding my behavior in a way.

There was no getting my act straight, that's how they let me be. then suddenly they should expect me to change. Sure I can do it, but I shouldn't have too.
[post=512524]Quoted post[/post]​

That's your typical grandparent mentality. They're not parent's at all, but are actually your grandparent's the whole time, trying to act like parent's. Some succeed, most fail at that, but they still had a wholesome value to their thought process. I could tell you that, they thought you'd grow out of the stage, and your grandpa going off on you, is honestly his/her way of telling you to grow up already.

For you to say, its wrong for someone to be pulled from his/her family in a unpositive living environment is completely idiotic. Let's look at my best friend. His dad used to get high on an hourly basis infront of his son, literally clean his guns at the kitchen table while eating, then beat the shit out of his son with a 2x4 if and when he didn't complete his chores or get out of the way. Worst part was, my friend was twice the size of his dad, and he looked forward to his dad getting high so he wouldn't have to deal with him.

This was a few years ago, and I could tell you where my friend is now and how that "parenting that he shouldn't have been pulled from" sucked some serious ass. He went down a worse road then even his father. He even tried mescalin to see how it was. He lived in an unrealistic world, having to be high or drunk to have a decent time anywhere. Recently behe "quit" so he could pass mepps and get into the army as his life would be going no where without the structure.

Honestly, from what I'm reading about you and your life. I'm at a similar as I'm just leaving high school and entering the "real world" (college?).

I have advice, for anyone that doesn't seem like they're going to do it on their own unless they get kicked out. Join the military. They ship out usually around the beginning of july.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 15 2005, 02:07 PM

He had the Gay for you.

-> Steve
[post=512536]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yes, why do you say this?

I think I'm a bit more liberal considering the role science and psychology play in my life along with the abscence of religion. :ph34r:

He had the Gay for you.

-> Steve

bahahahah

New2TheCarScene, sometimes i think you just post to argue with people...

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 15 2005, 01:22 PM

Yeah, like I said he said I looked good and kind've freaked me out. Then when he said have a good night and I genuinely said, "you too" he seemed happy and suprised. I was like wtf no one has ever been courteous to you before? I understand you were just doing your job, no harsh feelings.

One may never know why children do things, whether its their guardians or environment or biological but you can believe what you wish. I just feel you should take a more active role in your life to prevent negative things from happening and to better yourself.

And by the sounds of things it sounds as if your father was a con artist. I bit my tongue and hesitated from saying it when you made your other posts but i think the last one really portrayed that was the lifestyle of your father. If I'm wrong, so be it but I feel that your grandparents probably didn't want him to teach you the "tricks of the trade" so to say and have you grow up like your father. Someone doesn't have to commit a heinous crime to ruin someone else's life, on a smaller scale no one has the right to do such a terrible thing to someone else even if they were ignorant and made an easy mark. There's no reason to take advantage of people, simply get off your ass and get a job. Make something of yourself.

Thats no good but you also obviously knew it was wrong. You shouldn't need to experience punishment as a catalist for noble actions. They may have been giving negative reinforcement by giving it to your 3 AM calls or allowing you to do these bad things, but you were old enough to know better and should have taken your life into your own hands. You don't need to be babied.

You should have to because its the right thing to do. Contribute to this fine world and make something of yourself. Don't be a victim as celerity said and piss your life down the drain like many people do. Be responsible, take care of yourself, your friends, your family, and even that random person you happen to meet. Random acts of kindess are repaid in a great way. (no, I'm not speaking religious but in terms of the great feeling it gives yourself to be able to help and make a difference)

Be a "go-getter" and proactive and you'll go places in life.

If you don't like the situation your in, there's no sense of complaining, just gather your things, thank your grandmother and bail.

My .02 cents.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 15 2005, 03:41 PM
bahahahah

New2TheCarScene, sometimes i think you just post to argue with people...

I'm pretty sure as a whole, he agreed with me here.

There was no arguing, just some advice.

If you would like to start an argument and speak of something political and then want me to call you a fool and you call me an ass, we can.

Yeah, like I said he said I looked good and kind've freaked me out. Then when he said have a good night and I genuinely said, "you too" he seemed happy and suprised. I was like wtf no one has ever been courteous to you before? I understand you were just doing your job, no harsh feelings.

you were sooooo flirting with the cop...

If you would like to start an argument and speak of something political and then want me to call you a fool and you call me an ass, we can.

are you trying to flirt with me now?!?! :blink:

dude i just gotta say your the man for just bringing this shit to a forum. im 20 i live at my house with mom ive had some baby/ gurl issues and i wouldnt wanna talk bout that shit here so :thumbsup: to you

as for al the rest of you that are giving him shit for getting kicked out of a place where he was paying rent for trying to help you guys need to fuck off because you just like to hear your own voice in you tiny heads when you read you post. you just want to make someone feel bad cuz your life is uneventful and sucks.

grandpa def needs to be taken care of look in to if he is nuts or not and get him put away. as far as granny on the ol 2ft chain once she reliezes hes nuts shell prob let you move in cuz hes prob whats stopin her from sayin yes anyway.

and all others, esad it.

he is crazy, there are written documents from phycologists, counslers, phyciatrists etc. that he really does have some serious issues....and I was the one who was asked to get sent to anger management, figures.

Actually, my father's never done drugs and only drinks occasionally on holidays and barbeques and is a non-violent person. Yes he is/was a con artist. Read the book "Twisted Genius, Confessions of a 10 Million Dollar Scam" by Craig Jacob...can you guess who wrote it?
He finally did get his life together after 40 something years. He has his own legit business and makes anywhere between 1-1.5 million dollars a year, then his wife makes another 100-150k.

I know for a fact he would have raised me MUCH different then my grandparents, I never would have had the "freedom" I did with my g-parents, I never would have experiences I have now.. Of course they didn't want me in "that type of enviroment". But his enviroment revolved around nothing violent and nothing I would have understood. The only reason my grandparents knew was because they were bailing him out of jail....they did it out of spite, in the end when they tried to keep my sister and I from him, well...he robbed my g-pa's mother.

I actually wouldn't change a thing that happened through my life...to me it's a valuable learning experience. Some will disagree and say I should have lived the "normal, civilized life". I disagree, sure if I had I would be in a whole different situation, but I never would have gotten those extra little things in life.

I've turned my life around a lot since I was 13-16. I was rebellious, I did what I wanted, I learned from my experiences, I don't regret a milisecond of it.

Sure hit me up with a signed copy... I been thinkin about gettin back into reading more books anyway. :)

The first page or two was a good read. Its interesting and disgusting to me at the same time. Some ideas are just sheer brilliance but at the same time just so utterly repulsive and morally corrupt.

Also just off the bat I would say that there's more than one reason why the New York Times stopped posting addresses of deceased in the paper and not just your father, single handledly, as it seems like he puts forth.

It was a common hit to go to the house of a decease from the obit in the paper, the day of the funeral. It was an easy mark to rob an empty house - the con obviously knew exactly what time it would be empty and where it was because of the funeral time and the street address. Pretty sick but its a common act.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 15 2005, 11:24 PM
Also just off the bat I would say that there's more than one reason why the New York Times stopped posting addresses of deceased in the paper and not just your father, single handledly, as it seems like he puts forth.
[post=512741]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, sounds like Hater words to me.
Would you be convinced if the New York Times said "we stopped putting in the address' of the deceased because the families were getting scammed." Get real. They just wanted to save themselves the embarrassment(sp?)

On a more serious note, living with your grandparents seems not to be working out for you. What about living with your father until you get on your feet. You seem to by happier around him and since he's making money, like you stated earlier, he could probably help you. Just a thought.

Back