Son of a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, so I thought my fuel pump was dead, so I ordered a new one, and they shipped it to my billing address instead of my shipping address. (I live in an apartment, as I go to school here in Lubbock. This means my billing address is 560 miles from my shipping address.)

So, just to rule out the main relay that I replaced 5 years ago, I decided to take it out and look at it. I got my roommate to help me take it apart. Turns out, one of the solder joints was cracked, and there was oily residue under two others.

I found a place in town that had ONE, and I got my friend to take me down there to get it. Popped it in, and bam; fuel pump whirred to life, and I started the car.

Pics of 5 year old relay:

Hey man this way off topic but where are you goin to school Tech or South Plains? Not bein a creep or anything I live in Snyder and just dont see alot of people in my area on HS lol

Ok cool thats what I thought.. Yeah its a older ecu from a 88 integra and it has that film on it and the solder just made a mess... So is there a name for the solvent to use..

No, just go to an electronics store and ask for conformal coat remover. There are different removers for different types of coating though, so you might have trouble getting the right own. Most commercial electronics use urethane or acrylic though (I think).

Hey man this way off topic but where are you goin to school Tech or South Plains? Not bein a creep or anything I live in Snyder and just dont see alot of people in my area on HS lol
I go to Tech, on spring break right now

Back