Sony DSC-P51 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Damnit, something is wrong with my digital camera, maybe someone with the same or similar one can help. Everything works on the camera, but the LCD screen won't show what I am looking at (the screen is just black.)

When I try to take a picture, it just comes out black...same with movies, it just records nothing. I can look at old pictures stored on there before it decided to fuck up on me. I tried reseting it, looked at the manual, used profanity (Eric) but nothing works. I need to take pics for ebay, I need it to work :(

hit this button:

|[]|

it turns the display on and off ... if that doesnt work try more profanity ... perhaps at a higher volume :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 25 2004, 03:41 AM
umm... does the shutter protector cover open when you turn it on?

that is exactly what I was thinking.

Take the lence cap off.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 25 2004, 02:36 AM
hit this button:

|[]|

it turns the display on and off ... if that doesnt work try more profanity ... perhaps at a higher volume :)

thats what i was thinkin (i have a DSC-P72)

Let's see, I press the display button, it turns it completely off...I press it again, and it just back to what it was doing before...and yes, the lens opens when I turn it off and on, when I take a pic it does exactly like what it should do.

i would suggest more profanity
definatly at a higher volume
and possibly a few random threats

that sux thaz one of the prolly .8% of sony that comes defective from factory... buy a lottery ticket.

Back