Sony or Toshiba?

Which brand TV should i get?

• Toshiba 27" flat scr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alright I am buying a Flat screen tv today. Nothing special, just a 27". I found Best Buy to have the cheapest prices, but they have a Toshiba and a Sony for the same price. I originally went looking for a Sony, but the guy at Best Buy recommended the Toshiba and told me they were very comparible quality, but in his opinion the Toshiba had better quality. he said skin tones were more realistic on the Toshiba, and the Sony had a lot more reds in their pictures.

Well i like the looks of the Toshiba better, not quite as plain looking as the Sony, but on the other hand i want to get a Sony DVD player and surround sound soon so i want it all to match.

What do you guys think??

if toshiba made toilet paper, i wouldnt even wipe my ass with it.

panasonic :thumbsup:

Having no experience on either TV, I can state that

Sony > Toshiba :lol:

I would go with Sony, mainly because they have more experience in electronics, not just TV's, but it is up to you. I usually just go with the TV that has better styling anyway. Also, if you are getting Sony everything else you might as well get the tv.

yeah thats my thinking too. Oh and actually the Toshiba has a little better styling, but i think i will be kicking myself in the ass if i buy it just for that.

there is nothing wrong with toshiba. i have been rocking a 27" for three years and it awesome! i love my tv

Damn everyone is replying but not voting, umm well in about a half hour i will be going to gett it. Since i am here in my living room rearranging the new furniture i got yesterday, and cleaning all my electronic stuff, i noticed that my playstations will be on there too. I know i dont need the PS1 on there, but figured i might as well sport it on the entertainment center also. Ya I'm going with the Sony cause having Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, then Toshiba would look stupid.

<------Sony Freak....

The two computers, the 4 Car sterios, the car amps, Car speakers, the TV, the PS2 (x2), the 2 VCR's, many monitors, normal boom-boxes, CD players.........

Anything electronic in my house is SONY...

except the shit I find super duper cheap or free...

I say sony...if your gonna spend the money for that tv, go with sony. Big name...quality products. :)

FUCK SONY TELEVISIONS.

I bought an HD widescreen about 6 months ago.

It developed a green spot on the upper left corner (which research on the web indicated this was a common problem).

"No biggie", I thought to myself. "I'll just degauss it".

WRONG.

Tried degaussing the bitch..didn't work. Had a buddy (who repairs t.v's) come and look at.. he tried degaussing it and that didn't work<again>.

Come to find out that Sony uses a specialized version of a shadowmask, which isn't the greatest.

So..I ghetto-repaired my t.v. my strategically positioning a magnet! :D

Additionally TOSHIBA's warranty kicks ass. 3 years parts/labor!

Compared to Sony's FUCKYOUWARRANTY. 90 days parts 1 year labor. I would rather have it the other way around.

Sony's shit, while decent is not durable for shit.

my .02 :unsure:

toshiba. B)

the only sony product i own is a ps2, and ive replaced it twice (for free) just by swapping internals. fucking shit dont last.

Well i went in there for a $350 TV and walked with $1400 charged on a new credit card. I got the 27" Sony, A sony Home Theater package that comes with a 120w x 5 receiver, a 100w sub and the 5surround speakers, and a 5 disc Prgressive Scan DVD player, and a set of Monster Cable component cables. I also got the 4 year warranty from Best Buy that covers anything except me spilling liquids on it or actually hitting the stuff myself, that was $60 for the TV and 100 for the surround system, and that can even be renewed at the end of the 4 years. Oh yeah and i got a TV stand to go in the corner of the room.

So yeah i kinda fucked up and bought a lot but i firgued, hmm i got new furniture and a new tv, why am i gonna wathc it with my cheapass surround and dvd player. So now my bedroom and living room will have both surround sound and dvd, so its ok.

I did have a couple problems though, i originally was not going to go back to Best Buy. I was actually gonna go to Fry's and have them price match, which they said they would. So i get down there and after waiting like 20 minutes to get a salesperson, they tell me they cant givve me it for 349.99, cause best buy just told them it costs 379.99. I was like, " I was jsut in there last night and it is only 349.99 over there". So the guy called one more time and got the same answer, so i couldn't get it at Fry's. I went to best buy and found out that overnight they had raised the price $30. Fuck. so i found the same guy from the other night and told him that they raised the price on me, because i had $$ 2 days ago to buy it but they were closing so i couldnt get it. He got the same price for me of 349.99. Cool. So we get all the other shit and get home to unload.

Now I gotta take the TV stand and the TV back cause they are defective. The TV stand got dropped during shipping or something and is chipped on the corner, its made from like MDF or something so it chips easily. then on theTV, where the plastic meets up with the glass on the bottom of the screen, it is not attached so there is a gap between the plastic and the glass, bugs the shit outta me so I'm taking that back too. The Home theater is all perfect, haven't got to blast it yet but a friend said he's heard it before and it sounds pretty good, the sub is rated to go down to 20Hz so it should go pretty low.

well I am pretty happy i got all my shit, sorry for the long post, shit i probably shouldnt be on here, need to cancel my DSL so i can start paying this shit off :lol:

tsk tsk.

credit owns you. :lmao:

personally... id rather use that credit for a nice car, or emergencies.

The way i see it, from about this time on i am gonna owe a shit load of $$ anyways, I will always be making a payment on something. Life's no fun unless you live it, fuck it. Na, I'm gonna pay this when i get back from boot camp, then buy me a truck. then when i am ready for a system in the truck i will already be set at home, and can finance the truck system too. I would rather spend all my $$ on cool toys than have it sit in the bank. Im not one of the kinds of people that gets all wet over having cash in the bank, i like to show where my money goes, not have it all stuck back.

Back