Sony Press Conference Today - Future of Playstation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Anyone else gonna check this out? PS4 will likely by announced. I assume that Microsoft will follow up soon after.

Let the console war begin anew! My body is ready...

I'll take you up on that actually. I'm predicting $400ish for the base model and $500ish for one with a bigger hard drive.

I'm also predicting that they've learned from their mistakes with the PS3...the new machine will likely feature a more PC-inspired architecture instead of a one-off chip to hopefully entice developers to use it as a development platform instead of building on the Xbox and porting it over...

Nov is when the 720 is supposedly gonna launch too.. lol .. i cant wait!! forza 5 is gonna be amazing

here is some leaked info on the 720
8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution

i think i might skip this gen since i have a very powerful pc at this point. i have a feeling they will all end up being the same sans 1st/2nd party exclusives, much like this gen.

i still have a bunch of games to finish, but i find myself playing quick sessions of street fighter than touching anything else. every now and then, id get the urge to play GT5 cuz of Top Gear, but man, that game wore out quick. waiting for a "gifted" or "broken" xbox360 so i can finally try out Forza.

Back