Soo think ive decided

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dilbeckskate

infamous
Im going to trade the ST in on a CTR soon as they are avail at MSRP
honda-civic-type-r-web-exclsuive-0025.jpg

Attachments

• download (35).jpg
    download (35).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
why msrp? why not wait until someone realizes they can afford it (i'd expect 3 months) and buy one used? Shouldn't take too long to get a good deal.

interest rate brand new > interest rate used even low miles same year

$25,000 loan over 5 years at 4.5% you pay $27,964.53. You'll pay $2,964.53 in interest.
$25,000 loan over 5 years at 3.5% you pay $27,287.62. You'll pay $2,287.62 in interest.

1% lower interest rate over 5 years is a difference of $676.91, or $11.28/month over the life of the loan.

If you saved $5,000 by buying used, the math makes sense over the life of the loan. Also, you'll have basically $5,000 less in depreciation to account for.

Using interest rates as a reason to pay more for a vehicle doesn't calculate well enough to justify the cost. You can have the same car, pay less for it, and have less in depreciation. Unless you are 1099 and use it for work, no reason to maximize the amount the car loses value. lol

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/managing-debt/annual-percentage-rate-calculator.aspx

i second what nick said.

this is why im going to buy a 3 year old fiat 124 abarth, instead of a brand new one. because i'll save 10 grand lol

I am 1099 and use it "for work"

I was saying that in regards to amortizing the depreciation of the value of the vehicle, not using the cost as a write-off. Jesus, learn some fucking EBITDA for Christ's sake.

j/k j/k. lol Anyway, you can still save a shitload of money by waiting 3 months after it comes out to buy a "new" one with less than 5,000 miles on it.

has anyone else read about the 3rd exhaust pipe? the middle pipe is designed to quiet the engine drone at highway speeds...
interesting read

i was thinking it was a dump tube for the wastegate out for emissions purposes.
pretty neat that it's like a harmonic balancer more or less for the noise... but really, it's a ton of weight to fix something that shouldn't be an issue. turbo cars are quiet by design

Back