soon2beH22Adelsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22adelslow?

TEAMBEAR!
ok so im new here and dont really have an idea on how to do this but here it goes. i have a 94del sol with the d16z6 engine. the car is fine how it is i guess but its not what i want. what i want is all out straight line acceleration yea i also want the car to handle but i mostly want accel. i have read alot of stuff about how this swap is not a good idea and how it really just isnt a good swap for a car this size. i understand all of that but i cant see how it can be that bad? plus i think i got an alright deal on the h22. i got if for $2050 with a 5 lsd tranny. the install is scheduled for this coming wednesday. i just hope that i did not make a huge mistake. i was thinking on the B16A but the torque isnt well all that great and a k20 heck not like $5gs and a b18 yea kinda expensive. did i make a mistake? i hope not and be sure that i will post again and tell you guys what i though of the swap. SOME INPUT ON WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS SWAP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. what is so bad about the H22A anyways? besides the weight.

not a whole lot is bad with it. it will be fun to drive. you will be happy with it. it's not my personal first choice, but it beats a stock d-series. i would have suggested just turbo'ing the d-series. but it's all you. it will be a quick car. should run mid-low 14's with decent tires. congrats on getting a swap.

thanks man. know of any good parts for that swap? me and my friends all wanna have us a race as soon as possible. here are the rides: sr20dets13,3000gtsl,06350z,89c4vette and last me with the del slow. i hope i can take the NEW Z and maybe the 240 with that darn sr.

just save for a turbo. you can do the usual i/h/e. don't street race though. this forum is very anti-street racing.

not to worry on the racing part. we somewhere safe to go. we have a runway that we can use close to home. really a runway haha no joke. we just pay a lil bit everyweekend and its all ours. is about to get destroyed soon :(. i guess i will be happy with mid to low13s. how quick is an srd240?

i wouldnt say DONT street race, just dont be a douche bag. This forum hates douche bags.

You will need new mounts, and frome what i hear the harness is difficult to get working. If you find a walk through on this for an EG civic, its basically the same. My experience is with the BB and CB platforms, but if you have any H-Series questions, id be glad to help as much as i can.

thanks reikoshea but im having it installed. if i would ever think of trying the install myself i would for sure mess something up. the price for the install is supposed to be $300-$500. but the shop thats doing it(jdmautohaus) said that they really didnt want to lie to me or nothing so they didnt really give a real price. im just hoping it doesnt go over $700. he says the axles are kinda hard to get?

not really....you can get em from napa, but they are special order. You can also get em from majestic honda.

700 is low....but not unheard of. I would expect around 1k though.

damn so i should expect to maybe have to pay at least my $700 top? oh crap oh well bring it on haha. i guess it makes sense maybe like 300 for axles and maybe another like 3 to 4 hun for the install itself.

i have an sr20det 240 so i know a little bit about them. if it is bone stock it should run about a 14.2-14.7. you will need to remember that if your goal is to beat this guy, you will need a few mods. i/h/e and say a 50 shot of nitrous and you will run 13's all day on a low amount of money spent.

yea the 240 just has an N1 exhaust system. so do you think i might at least stand a chance? its going to be pretty much stock vs stock well kinda. im not a big fan of nitrous.

it depends, i think pure 1/4 mile you will lose. if you are on the freeway, you can win if you practice driving against a turbo. if you hit vtec before his turbo spools you will get a good jump on him. then it's off to the races....

hey cool score on the motor, the only thing i would advise is make sure your suspension can handle that big of a motor, try a pretty stiff spring rate spring with some adjustible shocks to see what handles better. you will notice a weight difference when it comes to steering, but beyond that, it sure will make a difference.
good luck on the swapy!

~Ryan

H22a in a Del Slow is going to be faster then you think. One of my friends have one it kills a lot of people. as fars as the 240 with the SR20 if he just has the swap front mount and exhaust you will beat him in the corner. you should be close to high 13.' and very low 14's thats with nothing done.

700 bucks isnt bad for a swap. And its not hard to do on your own or with a set of friends. But if you got the money get it professionally installed is nice.

What mount kits you use and axles.? axles is going to be the fun part. I know lot of people like making thier own or buying a set from pep boys or kragens.. where ever and snapping them and just taking them back cuz of free replacements. But i woud invest ina good strong pair from hasports/driveshafts.I have mine on both my civics with H22's and still never broke yet. my h22 accord i kept using preludes and snapped them like crazy not made to hold lot of power.

the guys at jdm say that my axles are going to be sent in so they can be rebuilt. i hope they hold, sounds kinda cheap to me. if they break then hey man get me some new ones free you know. i dont recall what mount kit he said they were using but that shoudl be just fine.the one thing i remeber him saying is that they will have to make a hole for the shift linkage. oh and they extended my install untill not this monday coming up but the next one. wow nathan i doubt that i can run high 13s but that would be great. hopefully this thing wont fall apart on me:)

thats cool. yeah there is going to be a little cutting the linkage isnt going to be the only things but nothing major. the wiring is very simple. run a few extra wires. I would toss the P13 either get a P28 and ge the car tuned. or save little money you know anyone with a what is it a P78? a stock GSR ecu you can get a 10hp I know people might believe me but

Review

also. that EGR toss it they make a plate that gets rid of it. I removed the butterfly from manifold. you can also just zip tie them open. but easy to just remove all together. And best thing to get. a fuel pressure regulator and gauge...

Goodluck keep us posted.

once i get everything on and i do more research on what is better then i will the changing the ecu. but thanks for the info nohatn

Back