Soooo..this is in the works..stay tuned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dodged a bullet on that one

as awesome as those cars are, owning one outside of a warranty is a ticking money sucking time bomb

I had a warranty from ASAP..i literally bought it like 10 minutes before they called lol. covered everything other than maintenance...you name it, it was covered, $3500 for 4 years or 48,000 miles., wheel/ tire coverage, road side assistance, towing , $0 deductible, OEM parts only, nothing out of pocket..fully transferable, and can cancel and get prorated amount back. o well

aftermarket warrantys are a scam, read the fine print the minute you cannot supply literally every document needed by FSM ( Factory Sceduled Maint.) saying ex you changed the air filter every 10k and oil change every XXXX miles , tune up/valve adjustment at 60k , timing belt and water pump at 100k ETC. boom sorry we are not covering your warranty claim thanks for paying us XXX a month for nothing , god honest how it works

I honestly wouldn't pay $1 One Dollar, for that car if I had to agree to keep it for 3 years and drive it at least 100 miles a week over the course of those 3 years.

You got lucky.

I honestly wouldn't pay $1 One Dollar, for that car if I had to agree to keep it for 3 years and drive it at least 100 miles a week over the course of those 3 years.

You got lucky.

Yeah i know the maintenance would be an issue at some point...you guy may be right....maybe i dodged a bullet....i think i'll stick with the 2004 2.7TT Sline and an APR tune and be done with it, or a 2007/2008 BMW 535 XI with a Dinan.

Just drove an 08 BMW 535XI Wagon....lovvved it......was really clean, panoramic sunroof, nav, bluetooth, loaded out....gonna go back on Saturday with my wife.... if its not sold, and look at and work out a deal

19CA5BD1-C02D-4597-993F-F044727E0D0C_10.jpg

19CA5BD1-C02D-4597-993F-F044727E0D0C_13.jpg

19CA5BD1-C02D-4597-993F-F044727E0D0C_18.jpg

19CA5BD1-C02D-4597-993F-F044727E0D0C_5.jpg

19CA5BD1-C02D-4597-993F-F044727E0D0C_8.jpg

My friend built his wagon up to 585 hp. The thing was nuts.

is your lease up or something? I thought you just got a car not too long ago.

10 more payments on the lease then it's going back and no more leasing for me....I drive too many miles now...and I don't want the car payment on the buy out for the 328...

.I'm buying this in cash...will have no car payments for awhile...i just put a deposit down on a different one I found in PA..blue ...loaded...way less miles...more money of course

I'll have two cars for awhile but wouldn't be the first time

I don't know about 585hp...but it WILL be getting a Dinan Stage 3

Well my Brother-In-Law, who lives in PA 20 minutes from where the car is, just went there and looked it over and drove it for me. Said it was pretty mint and clean. the only problem he found was that the key did not pop open the trunk and the dealer said they would have it fixed. Other than that he said he actually loved the car. It was very quick off the line, everything worked as it should. Clean interior, no signs of any body work, no signs that the owner was a smoker, clean car fax.

I'm sending the check Monday and expect to pick it up next Saturday...

Just need to decide if the Dinan tune is worth the extra cost over a Cobb Access-port Tune or JB4 Tune(Burger Tune)

Dinan is about $1200 with 398HP and 429TQ
Cobb Is $650 with 370HP and 400TQ
Burger is $479 with 384Hp and 398TQ

COBB is the simplest to install through the OBDII port but provides the lowest gains
Burger JB4 is the cheapest but the install requires a lot of work to install the box under the hood
Dinan is the most expensive but the best gains and needs to be brought to the shop for an hour which is no big deal at all.

Here is the car

http://www.seldenmotors.net/web/vehicle_photos/1925064

I always liked the bmw wagons but that interior color and all the buttons kills it for me.

The Cobb is where its at, also dont waste your time buying a cobb tuner for the bmw, buy just a straight up acessport without any OTS tunes on it at all they are garbage and not worth paying for, get the cobb tuner and a local shop ersumshit to do a pro tune, I had Randy Robles at Mountune do my stage 3 tune and yeilded almost double the gains that the cobb ots tune did , and its super user friendly and can display 6 gauges/live data

The Cobb is where its at, also dont waste your time buying a cobb tuner for the bmw, buy just a straight up acessport without any OTS tunes on it at all they are garbage and not worth paying for, get the cobb tuner and a local shop ersumshit to do a pro tune, I had Randy Robles at Mountune do my stage 3 tune and yeilded almost double the gains that the cobb ots tune did , and its super user friendly and can display 6 gauges/live data

I actually may be going with ESS Tuning Stage 2.

http://esstuning.com/ess-e-flash-n54-ecu-performance-software/

I've been emailing with them...it's a bit of work on my end...they send me OBDII cable and usb drive with software on it....i hook up the laptop and download the ECU data and email it to them. they email back the modded ECU data with the stage 2, i then upload it back through the ODBII port.

$565

I should yield around 363Whp and 355TQ...using this silly little calculator..

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

That's about 444hp and 430ishTQ...give or take of course.

Back