Soooo..this is in the works..stay tuned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you are stage 2 you are already supposed to have a intercooler , intake , and exhaust, if you only have the intake you need the stage 1 tune , each stage you go up pulls more timing , need to see what your a/f is at and if you are getting knock or netative timing corrections

No there is s stage 2 map for stock...and then there is the Stage 2 FMIC(front mount inter cooler)

Stage 1 - intake and tune Stage 2 - intake and tune and intercooler and catback exhaust Stage 3 - intake , tune, intercooler , catless and exhaust

IMG_20161006_141403.jpg

Gotta get some fresh larger wheels on that bad boy.

Called the shop....the parts are taking forever to come in.....decided to add on doing new plugs and coil packs(labor is free for this) and the walnut blast for any possible CBU issues. Hopefully these parts come in and i can get this all done by the end of next week. I'll run the Cobb Stage 2 + FMIC Aggressive and get some Dyno numbers and see how it looks.

It's not that bad of cost

Intercooler $449
Charge Pipe $275
Tial BOV $245
OEM Bosch Coil Pack $133
OEM Bosch Spark Plugs $43

CBU Walnut Blast $1019
Dyno Time $125

Total Labor:4 hours x$129

All in its $2805

So how many hours of your life are you trading off?
How many more hours are you going to have to work before you can retire for this purchase?
Is it worth it to you now?
Will it be worth it to you when you're 60 and hate going in to work everyday?
Not hating on you, and I honestly don't care how you spend your money, just throwing out a point of view for your consideration.

how long until you decide that this is a track car and you lease another BMW? lol. you can do events with chris...

So how many hours of your life are you trading off?
How many more hours are you going to have to work before you can retire for this purchase?
Is it worth it to you now?
Will it be worth it to you when you're 60 and hate going in to work everyday?
Not hating on you, and I honestly don't care how you spend your money, just throwing out a point of view for your consideration.

That's too much worrying for me lol....but at retirement I have a retirement account 457b, a pension, and social security and free healthcare ...and whatever my wife has for her 401k and social security...

who knows what life holds... my dad didn't make it to retirement cancer runs in my family,. so I'm Ok with living in the now... plus I own the car outright so no payments...

But I see what are saying...

And in my defense...walnut blast...coil packs and plugs are a maintenance item which need to be done regardless

Back