Soooo..this is in the works..stay tuned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how long until you decide that this is a track car and you lease another BMW? lol. you can do events with chris...

Nooooo...I'm promised myself no more cars for a few years....I was going to lease something crazyish when i turned 40.but I changed my mind....….…..........…...........

A walnut blast for CBU is probably in the future of my 335D as well. I've already had both turbos replaced because of CBU on them. :(

Did you disable your EGR and put in a catch can? To prevent CBU from coming back?

A walnut blast for CBU is probably in the future of my 335D as well. I've already had both turbos replaced because of CBU on them. :(

Did you disable your EGR and put in a catch can? To prevent CBU from coming back?

No i don't have plans for that little mod, i read about it when i got the 328 but it seemed hit or miss. very little is caught over 25-30k miles not sure it would make a huge difference. It's clearly a design flaw for all DI engines.

I'm trying to get more hands on but i don't have the tools or time. I did do the infamous e61 wagon tailgate wiring fix, another design flaw. Basically over time the wires get cut up from opening and closing the tailgate and you loose functions like reverse lights, license plate lamps lights, interior lights, tailgate lift operation etc.

That was a fun little project

http://www.snowspire.cz/staticke/E61-kabely.pdf

Last edited:
whoa whoa whoa!!! how DARE you?!?!
I will not hear this BLASPHEMY
German automotive wiring is FLAWLESS
some of the finest IN THE WORLD!!!
[/sarcasm]

:ph34r:

:lmao:

-- a Volkswagen owner

i wouldn't say its a design "flaw". that implies its a mistake.

it's just an inherent downside. without injectors in the intake ports, there's nothing there washing away carbon deposits anymore. you cant fix it unless you move the injectors back to the ports and give up the benefits of DI. the "fix" is to run a catch can, and preferably not run the line back into the intake at all. but manufacturers have their hands tied here. for emissions reasons they cannot just dump the exit to atmosphere, and for cost reasons they wont implement an effective catch can system.

Toyobaru got it right with the FRS/BRZ. it has both DI and port (total of 8) injectors.

i wouldn't say its a design "flaw". that implies its a mistake.

it's just an inherent downside. without injectors in the intake ports, there's nothing there washing away carbon deposits anymore. you cant fix it unless you move the injectors back to the ports and give up the benefits of DI. the "fix" is to run a catch can, and preferably not run the line back into the intake at all. but manufacturers have their hands tied here. for emissions reasons they cannot just dump the exit to atmosphere, and for cost reasons they wont implement an effective catch can system.

Toyobaru got it right with the FRS/BRZ. it has both DI and port (total of 8) injectors.

Unfortunate side effect then? I mean... having to have your engine walnut blasted every 30k shouldn't be considered preventative maintenance!

Well.. i got my car back tonight...I am kind of annoyed because they didn't have any time for a Dyno run due to too many projects. But, the car rips shit...I did the Cobb Accessport 0-60 measurement which came in at 5.17 seconds. Not to bad for a fat fuck of a wagon if its anywhere near accurate. I think stock is 6.4 for the wagon. Anywho, thats enough for mods for now....i am pretty stoked with the car. I do want nicer rims and tires but that will have to wait for another day.

go back some other time and get a pull? i mean, that's kinda bs if you don't even know if it's running lean or not. I'd clal back and be a bitch/dick until you get a pull with wideband :)

go back some other time and get a pull? i mean, that's kinda bs if you don't even know if it's running lean or not. I'd clal back and be a bitch/dick until you get a pull with wideband :)

i'll try to find somewhere else, they only do Dyno runs on Friday's the guy said. That was Excelerate in Branford...

Know a good palce to go, thats not to far with an AWD Dyno and wideband?

ok so i took off the drivers side tirr and opened up the liner to access the tank and pump and the tank was actually full..Everything looked ok... i fiddled with lines a little and tried to spray again and they sprayed just fine.....i thought it was empty because the other day i tried to spray and nothing came out but i heard the pump run.

There is a very slow drip which looks like it is coming from the bottom of the pump. Not sure if its a seal or the pump is going all together. But they work fine now. I'll probably replace the pump and see if that stops that slow drip.

yeah, it could be summer formula. siphon it out (or pump it like crazy until it's nearly empty) and top it off with the pink winter stuff

man I read the post wrong I thought you were saying you were using the wiper tank for something else and I was like AUX Fuel :D

Back