sooooo the 2000 Mirage from Hosmer.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
full directory.

Index of /2000mirage

when i got it home -

120-2073_IMG.JPG

after much cleaning, a little shampoo, good scrub, the stiff suspension moved over, new wheels and muffler courtesy of EGProject.

as of a few minutes ago -

120-2094_IMG.JPG

120-2096_IMG.JPG

what is left.... windshield replacement (saturday, $150!! new), replacement steering wheel (got a good shape OEM one for free with airbag), skunk2 short shifter (to replace the one that is cut), tie rod ends, new post cat (doesnt have one and its tossing a code) and thats pretty much it.

after all that.... since the bulk of the work is already done for me (thanks random 16yr old kid who put a ton of new dealer parts on the car)

build list -
OEM LS side skirts and rear pods
quick maaco paint job
OEM C/F hood
dohc 1.5 head swap and tune with megasquirt
lancer evolution 3 fully adjustable suspension
and maybe, an evo4 spoiler

last but definately not least i would like to thank Eric and his boss for dealing with me during the time it took me to actually pay for the car. trust me it wont go to waste ;)
and done. voila.

yeah, i just fixed the broken lugnut ;) and moved the exhaust up. its quieter now that its not fucked. gonna probably weld the back section tomorrow.

yeah, but i sold the evo 4 spoiler unfortuantely. made my money plus some back though.

If you're throwing a code, try to use spark plug antifoulers that have the right thread and pitch to screw into the 02 sensor bung. It should move the sensor far enough out that it no longer throws the code.

<----WRX has it done.

totalburnout said:
If you're throwing a code, try to use spark plug antifoulers that have the right thread and pitch to screw into the 02 sensor bung. It should move the sensor far enough out that it no longer throws the code.

<----WRX has it done.

i'll have to look into that. thank you!

thats my uncle. he had no idea i had a camera.

just bought a new coupe grille and an m3 lip spoiler.

got the code read again and it was for EVAP leak. makes sense since i didnt have a gas cap until the day after i got it home. reset the code and drove almost 200 miles since yesterday afternoon with no codes. hoooray!

Back