sooooo the 2000 Mirage from Hosmer.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you make good money. why do you keep buying these things?

my next car is going to be either an IS300 5spd or a Mercedes C230K. i wont want to modify either of them.

you're right though. i can afford better. its just i wanted another mirage. :)

we've found out your style...it doesnt matter.....same can be said for my style......

But, thats who we are! Grassroots baby...:)

fuckin skippy, you and are are definately grassroots.

i have made it so those who want to evo-kit their 4g coupe can now do so. ive done various sensor mods for both the 1.5 and 1.8 guys over there, so they can pass emissions without spending wads of cash. i basically diagrammed the MS+S wiring harness to splice into the stock 1.5 harness, AND created an almost perfect 4g15 to 4g63 wire swap diagram.

and now, the black car is with his new owner. im sad :(

TurboMirage said:
my next car is going to be either an IS300 5spd or a Mercedes C230K. i wont want to modify either of them.

you're right though. i can afford better. its just i wanted another mirage. :)

do your self a favor and don't buy a c-class....

totalburnout said:
If you're throwing a code, try to use spark plug antifoulers that have the right thread and pitch to screw into the 02 sensor bung. It should move the sensor far enough out that it no longer throws the code.

<----WRX has it done.

i looked into this again as i had my SES light come back on. Catalytic Converter warm up failure bank 1 (post-cat)

i was able to found the anti-foulers, but im not sure there is one big enough for my o2 sensor. do the sensors come in standard sizes like spark plugs do?

TurboMirage said:
i looked into this again as i had my SES light come back on. Catalytic Converter warm up failure bank 1 (post-cat)

i was able to found the anti-foulers, but im not sure there is one big enough for my o2 sensor. do the sensors come in standard sizes like spark plugs do?

My sensor was a 18mm thread. I'm unsure of what yours is.

The anti-foulers come in numerous sizes. They're usually metric from what I remember.

Go to your local autozone, rs strauss, pep boys, etc., and go to the "Help!" section, the red or green packages that say Help! on them and look for the antifoulers. They come in a pack of two. I had to drill press the first one to a half inch to get the sensor to sit in the foulers right and read temperatures within the accepted range.

What matters obviously is the size of the thread and pitch, other than that you should be able to drill it out if needbe.

good kill. i'll def look at what size it is over the weekend. thanks a bunch :)

last autocross, new banner, and rear pods.

autoxadvans.JPG

get%20up%20and%20go%20banner.JPG

rear%20pods.JPG

Did the antifouler trick work for you?

The car looks a lot better now, but sideskirts, sidemarkers and a new front bumper cover/lip would do the car much more justice - possibly a wing too. Turbo that bish and call it a day.

i got em but i didnt put them in yet. got a nice "R" for another 50 or so days, though ;)

lookin out for the sideskirts :)

1.5 dohc mivec. word. im just getting a lip spoiler for the trunk.

Back