Soooooo Tempted to cross....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
So last night, the company made another offer...and my union trashed right there at the table...for the second time. The second offer we had from the company...they did the same thing. With no chance for the people to look at it or to vote on it. And the second off bumped the ratification bonus from $2000 to $2500, and this third offer bumped that up to another $1000...so we could have got a decent offer, and $3500 for just signing the contract and get back to work. $3500...80/20 insurance, and back to work....nothing wrong with that at all. Nothing. Of course my insurance would be $29 a week, for me and the wife...and thats damn affordable. I'm tired of this shit. Over 153 people have crossed from 3400 people in the union, and now I'm sure another 500 will cross now that they have seen this BS that the union leaders have pulled. How can they have the authority to junk 2 offers with out the full union even seeing them, or voting on them? This is getting old...and I'm getting tired of it. If I do cross...it's not going to effect me too much...I can live with the union guys hating me, not talking to me at work, or calling me names...but theres also the head strong dummies that will find out where you live, and poke holes in tires, break windshields, burn down houses....etc... I can't not live with threats to me or my family, or property... I'm standing on my last leg....if any other crap happens or if something good doesn't come to light real soon...then I might just cross...and become one of the hated employee's....

On another note...the wife is really set to have me just move to GA, open a little FBO (feild base of operation) for small and medium planes. She's already looking at houses down there, and her freinds are going down there next month to look for a job and houses... All I need to do is get my FAA IA licence, and start an LLC, have it under the wifes name...and open a shop.

Quoted post[/post]]
On another note...the wife is really set to have me just move to GA, open a little FBO (feild base of operation) for small and medium planes. She's already looking at houses down there, and her freinds are going down there next month to look for a job and houses... All I need to do is get my FAA IA licence, and start an LLC, have it under the wifes name...and open a shop.

if you have approval by the wife, what the hell are you waiting for? didn't we tell you to cross a long time ago? or was i the only one who said to?

if your serious about it just cross over and buy a good solid .45, should keep tire poking to a minimum

All I need to do is get my FAA IA licence, and start an LLC, have it under the wifes name...and open a shop.
wooo hoooo :thumbsup:
i would 51/49 it, still minority woman owned, but at least if anything does go wrong you have a leg to stand on...

how long would it take to get the FAA IA
is that pilot? or inspection/repair license?

and did you ever consider the carolinas?
lots of people go there, low taxes, etc...
not too hot, not too cold...

and georgia? hurricane season starting again?
check please

can you sign off by yourself and get the ratification bonus?

Jesus, the unions are screwing you guys halfway to tuesday.

I've always had mixed feelings about labor unions - we had a strike here in town a few years back and a few people crossed and got fucked up. I really don't see why a fellow employee should be persecuted for going back to work because they have a life and a family to support.

Starting a business is tough. In your field it's also expensive. You more than likely will lose your house in the process.

well, I can't have gun's, alcahol, or camera's on company property...even if they are in my car...if found...thats instant firing...

The GA move is looking good, but I have a lot of cool freinds up here, but a few freinds in the GA area...plus drifting is year round down there. More planes down there as well, but the prices for working on them is less than it is up here...right now I make $25.30 an hour, and after the strike is over it might jump up to 27.50 an hour...and the company has been real good to me so far...it's the damn union that killing me. Down there I'd be lucky to get a job at only $17-20 an hour, but if I open my own shop...it will be more than that. Plus the move...I got a lot of shit....loading it all in a truck might take 2-3 days...and I'll have to get rid of a few cars and parts. But I guess I could cross, have someone from the union just burn it all down, collect the insurance and move. But I don't want the wife or the dog to be in the house if it did get burned... :cry:

Damn unions and crap... :mad:

Have a HS army guard your house.... :ph34r:

So long as we have good food and the Z to look at...I'm game.
God knows what Steve would bring....

But I guess I could cross, have someone from the union just burn it all down, collect the insurance and move. But I don't want the wife or the dog to be in the house if it did get burned...

check your insurance NOW
you want replacement value, not FMV or going rate...

Starting a business is tough. In your field it's also expensive. You more than likely will lose your house in the process.

LLC, you just need to find a funding source that won't use your house as collateral...

Quoted post[/post]]
All I need to do is get my FAA IA licence, and start an LLC, have it under the wifes name...and open a shop.
wooo hoooo :thumbsup:
i would 51/49 it, still minority woman owned, but at least if anything does go wrong you have a leg to stand on...

how long would it take to get the FAA IA
is that pilot? or inspection/repair license?

and did you ever consider the carolinas?
lots of people go there, low taxes, etc...
not too hot, not too cold...

and georgia? hurricane season starting again?
check please

can you sign off by yourself and get the ratification bonus?

I need to study for the test, it might take me 2 months, but it is an Inspectors Authority cert...which means that I will be able to sign off on major repairs for work done to aircraft, and return them to service iaw faa regulations. But I need to have an operational FBO that I will be working at before I can take the test.

And union as a whole can only sign the ratification...if I cross, I'll still get what ever the union gets because I'll be an agency worker, but I'll be an at will employee...and if the company has a layoff...I'll be the first one out the door. And after this strike, there are about 1000 jobs that have been outsourced, so 1000+ people will get laid off. :cry:

In my line of work Arborist. They have union guys, But the company I work for is only 15 people so we arent required to join a union. Ill tell you what I might not make as much as the union guys but those guys are always on strike and never working. So i know atleast I can get up each day and know I have work to go do.

Back