Sounds like fuel won't stop pressurizing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hacken666

I have'nt got the motor running, but I had the key on ignition mode, not on start and I guess I've found the fuel pump is working. I had a leak at the end of the fuel rail by the FPR, and one by where it connects at the firewall.

So I fixed them and when in ignition mode it sounds like fuel is constantly running through the lines? Normally I thought it only goes for about 5 seconds.

Maybe I am hearing something else?

When it was leaking it would go nonstop until I turned off the ignition completely.

I thought maybe it was pouring fuel into the manifold but I opened the TB butterfly and tried to stick my nose in (my face didnt fit :x), and I smelt no fuel whatsoever...

Anyone have any thoughts?
I'm getting desperate to get this damn car running :/ I just need to know if this is normal or not he

you more than likely won't notice fuel in the intake since the injectors are so far down...
if you think an injector is stuck open you better double check them because fuel will hydro lock a motor just the same as water and the starter does have enough torque to bend a rod to complete shit

i've personally seen the results of some asshat giving an injector constant 12volt power then attempting to turn the motor over...
bent the rod so bad the motor wouldn't spin over, it was hitting the block...

i would check your fuel pressure regulator, and or relays...
i don't believe there is any fuel pressure sensor that specifically turns the fuel pump off once the system is pressurized so its prob the "timer" in the relay

do you have codes? check engine light?

you can also try vice grips on your return line and see if that changes anything, if it does then your pressure regulator is shot

I don't know what fixed it but I got it.

I believe the problem ended up being some grounds on the right side, but I'm not 100% sure, I fixed quite a few things before I realized it stopped doing it heh :eek:

There were no engine codes or anything, but the ecu lighted up solid once, it never blinked or went off. I think it was the ecu ground but I'm not sure heh.

The only thing I have is a very slight fuel leak at the firewall, Where the line goes into the firewall to the fuel filter. Is is alright to relieve the fuel pressure and use teflon tape on the threads? I'm not sure how it will seal a fuel line. We use it at work on brass air fittings, and street elbows and all for some hydraulic applications.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back