Spaghetti Sauce (Jeffie!?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Hey Jeffie, or anyone else for that matter, do you have any good spaghetti sauce recipies? Ragu is great and all, but I wanna try something new and homemade.

Also, for those of you who cook and have made your own spaghetti with your own ground beef/onion combo, what could I brown my beef/onions with to give it a little extra flavor?

I just use Prego Organic Traditional ;)

As far as beef goes, I just cook it and throw it in the sauce, and let it simmer for a little bit.

I normally do that too, but I don't like too much sauce so the beef tends to be a little more bland.

Can of cheap sauce (hunts, whatever, usually around a buck) Add a can of tomato paste, can of stewed tomatoes (drained), crapload of "italian seasoning", fresh garlic, a large onion, fresh sliced mushrooms (baby bellas!), black olives, orange bell pepper.

Pot:
Dump the sauce in a good sized pot.
add paste
add drained stewed tomatoes
add italian seasoning (don't be shy with it!!)
add shrooms
add olives
add diced bell pepper (1/4 to 1/2 inch squares, roughly)
mix well and toss on low low heat. cover.

Frying pan:
add a little olive oil to the pan, heat it up
Toss in diced onion (diced to roughly 1/3 inch)
stir fry until onion becomes somewhat clear.
Add finely diced garlic cloves. 4 cloves should do it.
stir fry a little more,
Add this mix to the sauce.
remove frying pan from heat.

Let the sauce cook slowly on low heat for as long as you can. 30 minutes will do, 4 hours rocks. Get your dirty frying pan and cook your ground beef in it. add to sauce, mix well, serve.

Sweet thanks (all except the shrooms). :)

Edit: is there any recipies for fresh tomatoes too?

Last edited:
Back