Spanish need help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoRiMaRu

In 1st place, Hi 2 all Honda Fanatics here.... In 2nd place, excuse my poor english!

I´m a spanish Honda Civic user since 1999, but an Hondafan since i remember... :worthy: . I´ve been reading this forum since about 5 months, and now I decide to register to ask some many questions about my future project... Swap a B16A2 into my EJ9 chassis.

I found some engines for this work, a B18C from a DC2, a B16B from a EK9 and the B16A2 from a EK4. The B16B was the first choice, but i discard it because it´s too expensive and hard to install ( I heard ). Actually I have 2 options, B18C or B16A2... and the question....

Which swap do you recommend me???

It shoul be the easiest of this two options please....

Some user of this forums already have a B18C in his EJ9.... HELP MEEEEE PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :eek:

What problems can I found with engine mounts?

THANKS....DOOMO :)

Welcome aboard :)

Out of your choices, i would recommend the B18C from the DC2, preferrably one from a 00-01 DC2, as both that year DC2 and your 99 EJ.

which ever you choose, they are nearly equal in difficulty, so long as you get the same obd motor as your car.

I can't say for sure if its the same in Spain, but in the usa:

Civics: 92-95, 96-98, 99-00
Integra: 94-95, 96-99, 00-01

share the same electronic OBD (on board diagnostics). Basically, Honda switched plug designs and some wiring over the years, so its the easiest when you get the same style.
It is, however, possible to put in a different generation- it just takes a little more work.

if you choose the b18C, you will need the rear motor mount from the ek chassis with a b-series (any will do). the b16, well, should have one on it.
there's more info on this in the Swap Articles forum under "6th gen"

hola!

The only diffrence between the diffrent swaps are the GSR has 2 more wires then the b16b or b16a2, but even with the b16's you have to add a few wires. Another engine swap you might want to consider is the ITR/b18c5/b18c-R. This engine has slightly more compression, more aggressive cams, springs, valves, ect so you can rev higher and make power up there. Also, the transmission has tighter gearing, and a Limited slip diffrential (LSD's make you launch faster and turn better)

hola y bienvenidos a HondaSwap :)

perdon mi espanol es mal pero mis abuelitos son de Espana.
Anyway, el b18c es una buena opción y será muy feliz. buena suerte y hablaré contigo después. :D

Wow, thanks a lot...

Pissedoffsol, Ireally will study the swap section for 6th generation ( if I can understand :lol: ), a friend has an Integra R DC2, and I think that it have the OBD compatibility... :spin: Thanks, I see you´re an encyclopedy :D ;)

Allsmallsol, the B18CR is a great engine, and the LSD call 4 me!!! :D but in Spain the DC2 wasn´t exist and I have to import pieces from Germany or Italy, that´s the problem my friend has with his DC2... :( I prefer an engine that sells in my country, it´s 2 esy to maintain. But I don´t discard it for the moment :eek: .

Hey NotUr!!!! Un abrazo desde España!!!!!! My best wishes for your grandpas!!!!! Come here 2 visit us and we will make some drifts in the spanish touge!!!!!! :D

Doomo!!!!! :ph34r:

Back