spare parts motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ok i have a stock b18c1 in my hatch. i just got a real good deal on a jdm b16a. now i just wanted the tranny but now im thinkin i might want the head too. so if i do i will be left with a b16 block gsr head and tranny. what kind of potential would all these have together.

my thoughts on it: the b16 has les tq, so i was thinkin with the dual IM that would give it more low end tq? and as far as tranny, i might boost it so the longer gears would be better to obtain more power? and if i dont boost is this still a good tranny? let me guys know what you think of the spare parts build.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Mar 9 2005, 06:42 PM
ok i have a stock b18c1 in my hatch. i just got a real good deal on a jdm b16a. now i just wanted the tranny but now im thinkin i might want the head too. so if i do i will be left with a b16 block gsr head and tranny. what kind of potential would all these have together.

my thoughts on it: the b16 has les tq, so i was thinkin with the dual IM that would give it more low end tq? and as far as tranny, i might boost it so the longer gears would be better to obtain more power? and if i dont boost is this still a good tranny? let me guys know what you think of the spare parts build.
[post=471336]Quoted post[/post]​

Drive around with the b16 motor...sell the spare head to me..and use to money towards building the gsr block (pistons, rods, machine work, maybe sleeves) and work towards having one craaazzzzzy motor. Id rather have one motor to work on with money then have two motors and no money....but ofcourse having a spare parts motor is always good when you break something :p

Why do you want to get rid of the GSR head? I'd keep it on the block you have already and just build up the B16 for fun on the side. Better yet- just take the really good deal on the B16, sell it for profit, then put the money back into your GSR.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Mar 9 2005, 10:16 PM
type r has better cams and is more worked over but basicaly that what it is
[post=471463]Quoted post[/post]​

what about the higher compression pistons? what about the tranny difference?
a b16 head with a gsr block is not basically a type r ...a skimped out version sure

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Mar 10 2005, 03:16 AM
type r has better cams and is more worked over but basicaly that what it is
[post=471463]Quoted post[/post]​

You can't slap a B16A head on a GSR block and call it a day. In order to realize the potential, you have to swap cams, valve train, pistons etc....The B16A head on a GSR block is going to be less powerful than the GSR head because of the combustion chambers giving up some compression.

Just sell the B16A, get some cams, valve train and an IM for you GSR, you'll thank yourself.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE+Mar 9 2005, 07:38 PM-->
gsr block+b16 head=type r fuckin do it
[post=471444]Quoted post[/post]​

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

92b16vx
@Mar 10 2005, 12:33 AM
You can't slap a B16A head on a GSR block and call it a day. In order to realize the potential, you have to swap cams, valve train, pistons etc....The B16A head on a GSR block is going to be less powerful than the GSR head because of the combustion chambers giving up some compression.

Just sell the B16A, get some cams, valve train and an IM for you GSR, you'll thank yourself.
[post=471547]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 10 2005, 11:19 AM-->
Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Mar 9 2005, 07:38 PM
gsr block+b16 head=type r  fuckin do it
[post=471444]Quoted post[/post]​

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

92b16vx
@Mar 10 2005, 12:33 AM

[post=471547]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:
[post=471645]Quoted post[/post]​

see thats why i come here. to get info and opinions and for a little laugh. but ofver the last few days a deal has been worked out. a friend of mine lent me 400 for the motor. whole thing(head black trans) for 900. so i decided id get the trans and a 93 ex coupe(from him) and he got the motor. cant pass up a beater and trans for 500. so im happy. and since im keeping the stock head what are some thoughts on an IM? thanks for the help

Back