spark plugs are white

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

i just put in some brand new ngk bkr7e's in my car, i've barely even driven it and they are white on the end's. i don't think i need a colder plug, i haven't hardly even boosted the car (6 psi or less). what is my best bet for why they're still getting hot?

Originally posted by kell211@Sep 25 2003, 07:05 PM
i just put in some brand new ngk bkr7e's in my car, i've barely even driven it and they are white on the end's. i don't think i need a colder plug, i haven't hardly even boosted the car (6 psi or less). what is my best bet for why they're still getting hot?

If you have barely driven the car, there has not been enough time for deposits to build up on the insulator. Put 50-100 miles on it and check them again

well stated white on the ground strap...still a sign of a lean condition, on a boosted vehicle this can happen even after the first 60' of boosting. yes up the pressure a bit, if you have a vafc of safc or any ype of fuel mod....increase the fuel a tad bit. i know what your saying on the plugs...when i installed mine yesterday along with new plugs i too had white on my ground straps...i upped the fuel pressure a bit and its fine now. and this heppened only after driving no more than 1 mile!

Back