1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spark plugs are white

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by kell211, Sep 25, 2003.

1. kell211

kell211 Member

i just put in some brand new ngk bkr7e's in my car, i've barely even driven it and they are white on the end's. i don't think i need a colder plug, i haven't hardly even boosted the car (6 psi or less). what is my best bet for why they're still getting hot?

2. dirty91crx

dirty91crx Member

i say add more fuel.....one way too cool them combustion chambers down

3. kell211

kell211 Member

what would be the most effective way of doing that? uping the fuel pressure?

4. Jim Truett

Jim Truett Senior Member

If you have barely driven the car, there has not been enough time for deposits to build up on the insulator. Put 50-100 miles on it and check them again

5. dirty91crx

dirty91crx Member

well stated white on the ground strap...still a sign of a lean condition, on a boosted vehicle this can happen even after the first 60' of boosting. yes up the pressure a bit, if you have a vafc of safc or any ype of fuel mod....increase the fuel a tad bit. i know what your saying on the plugs...when i installed mine yesterday along with new plugs i too had white on my ground straps...i upped the fuel pressure a bit and its fine now. and this heppened only after driving no more than 1 mile!

6. kell211

kell211 Member

thanks for the advice, i'll try to up the pressure a bit and then recheck the plugs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted