Spark Plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

I was wondering what the best spark plugs for the 02 SI would be? I know the Bosch Platinum, aren't as good as the one's that are stock in the SI, but I have heard of the Irodium or Iridium, spark plugs are those better than the stock ones? Any info will be useful thanks.

I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that the iridium plugs perform better than the stock NGK plugs in a mostly stock engine. My vote is stay with the NGK coppers.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Sep 10 2003, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that the iridium plugs perform better than the stock NGK plugs in a mostly stock engine. My vote is stay with the NGK coppers.

hey lsvtec, when i called honda for sparkplugs, i asked for the ngk coppers and they never heard of them. and they also said that they dont deal with anything else besides whats recomended by honda which in my case was the ngk platinums. i called around to other places and asked for the ngk coppers but no one had them, they had platinums (none in stock) and something by ngk called v-power, are the v-powers the same as the coppers? clear this up if you can. thanks.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 10 2003, 01:32 PM-->
@Sep 10 2003, 12:14 PM

hey lsvtec, when i called honda for sparkplugs, i asked for the ngk coppers and they never heard of them. and they also said that they dont deal with anything else besides whats recomended by honda which in my case was the ngk platinums. i called around to other places and asked for the ngk coppers but no one had them, they had platinums (none in stock) and something by ngk called v-power, are the v-powers the same as the coppers? clear this up if you can. thanks.

The V-power are the coppers...good stuff!

:werd:

V-Powers are the "copper" ones. The boys at my local dealer said that they weren't true copper, but some sort of alloy. In any case, stick with NGK's, be they the V-Powers or the platinum-tipped.

fuck they're the same? damn i just spent 13/plug for the denso's. no one had the platinums except the dealer and they wanted 20/plug. fuck if i woulda known that the v powers were the coppers i woulda got them. :rawr:

superhonda's website is out of order atleast for me it doesnt work anymore,if someone else can get it to work could you let me know?also bosch spark plugs suck..i will only use ngk or denso..

SO let me see if I am reading this properly, Honda recomends the ZFR5F-11 for the 93 LS. If I wanted to run a slightly shorter and slightly colder plugs with my VTEC head I would run a ZTR6F-11?

Here is the chart I was reading for those lazy bastards out there...

ngksparkplug.jpg

Looks right to me, but I don't know if the tapered seat on that plug will mate up to the spark plug seat in your head. Is it the same?

Hmm, that might be a problem. I guess I need to see a plug to know for sure. What NGK plug does Honda recomend for the B18C5?

Acura tells me PFR6G-13, but that is a platinum plug. I still want to run Copper alloy.

i would get the plug that is made for your motor...no custom shit when it comes to spark plugs..ngk or denso is what you should get

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 12 2003, 12:08 PM
i would get the plug that is made for your motor...no custom shit when it comes to spark plugs..ngk or denso is what you should get

How is Denso not custom?

they are a japanese company that makes oem parts for honda,toyota etc.go to densoaftermarket.com

Originally posted by get_nick@Sep 12 2003, 11:34 PM
about 2 bucks each, from a honda dealer

you gotta be fucking joking. the dealer tried to charge me 20 bucks per plug!

Back