Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Looks pretty bad ass.

Since andy whitfield got cancer and is still undergoing treatment, they decided to do a prequel season that led up to the Blood and Sand series instead of delaying it forever while he gets treated.
Andy Whitfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Starz - Spartacus

It's on starz, which also means netflix will stream 1 day after air :)

Premiering, January 21 “Spartacus: Gods of the Arena,” the highly anticipated prequel to “Spartacus: Blood and Sand,” tells the story of the original Champion of the House of Batiatus. Joining returning stars, John Hannah (The Mummy, Four Weddings and A Funeral) as Batiatus, Lucy Lawless ("Xena: Warrior Princess") as Lucretia and Peter Mensah (300, The Incredible Hulk) as Oenomaus, will be additional cast members Dustin Clare (“Underbelly”) as Gannicus, Jaime Murray (“Hu$tle”) as Gaia and Marisa Ramirez (“General Hospital”) as Melitta.

I'm excited to see Jamie Murrary in it... she played a great psycho on Dexter in season 2. looking forward to see what she can do 2000 years in the past, and you know there will be gracious nudity :)

Did you guys hear they cast a new Spartacus to replace Whitfield?

Yeah, whitfield isn't getting any better. sucks :( hope he pulls through. It's tough to be a gladiator (even as an actor) when you're sick as hell.

Liam Mcintyre is the new cast for season2 (no, gods of the arena is not season 2, it should be labeled as season 0)
Liam McIntyre is the new Spartacus! | Inside TV | EW.com

He needs to hit the gym. Hope he bulks up a bit before fliming begins.

great first episode. blindfold ftw lol

honestly i cannot stand jamie murray. everytime she talks all i can think is "Dexter! Dexter!" and when she gets emotional she looks like a skeleton (sunken eyes, cheekbones, etc) and could probably do well with a friggin bacon sandwich. that blonde from blood and sand was a way better counterpart to lucretia.

lucy lawless... hot as always.

Back