Spartacus: Vengeance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I stopped watching when the lead guy got cancer. I thought he really made that show, is he coming back?

no, he's still sick. Andy whitfield has been replaced for the 'real' season 2 (gods of the arena was a prequel that was made only to buy whitfield time to get better, but it's not proving to be the case, so they are moving on without him with a new actor.) Liam McIntyre has taken over.

andy-whitfield-liam-mcintyre-spartacus-blood-and-sand.jpg

he's a fairly close 'look' features wise and he starred in the Pacific, and a few other big productions so I think he should bring the role up proper.
New Spartacus Actor Liam McIntyre Chosen for Season 2 of Starz Hit Series | GamerLive.TV

man thats tough, he was perfect for the role not to mention its very sad hes not getting better.

I think its not just getting better but he has to get back into shape. Cancer kicks your ass.

I hope thats what it is, I watched my mom pass from it so I know what it does to the body.

Anyway, I might have to watch this new guy and new season. I loved the first season and even my wife did...might have had something to do with all the buff half naked guys though for her liking it.

Spartacus has been hands down our fav TV series ever.

Rarely do we get into TV anything outside of American Dad, Top Chef, Top shot, Master chef stuff like that.

american dad is horrible.... lol

But yeah, Whitfield has non-Hodkins lymphoma. He had one round, was treated, and was starting to get back in to shape after remission and it came back, and so he's dealing with round 2 of it. A friend of mine has the same thing and it's not something you can really 'work' in at a desk job, let alone a 'gladiator' acting role like that. And that's besides the physical shape....

I'm hoping it will be a good run.

American dad is great, I guess some people just don't get it.

Linh keeps asking me, how does he (you) not like it? I dont get it.

lol

I'm very excited for this. THis show rocked when I was unemployed last winter.

i dunno, it's just not funny 98% of the time. re-hashed jokes from other shows that actually are funny the first time.

Hard to understand why things happen sometimes. He was becoming a star and probably having his life head the direction he had always wanted.

Sad day for sure overall.

Damn. I thought he was going to pull through and was stable. Now all of a sudden he's dead? wtf. Cancer sucks. :(

Back