Speaker Configurations?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

w2rbass

i was wondering what size speakers some of you put in a civic hb 92-95... im gettin some 4's for the front door panels... i was thinkin of another set of 4's and put them in the little panel thing next to the rear seat... or gettin sum 6x9's and puttin em in theback deck that pops out, but it seems like it would rattle alot, would it? im also gettin 2 10inch subs and a 150 watt amp.. i dont want enough kick to make my car fall apart, i just want some nice fat bass, i play the bass, so im gonna try to hook somethin up nice.... one more Q, do u think it would sound good if i got 2 4's for the front, and just the subs in the back, would that make a good sound if i eq them both equal? just wondering what everyone has and what sounds good, im stuck on everything cept the front speakers, subs and cd receiver.

p.s. sorry if that is realllllllly confusing, i just came back from a week in florida and havent gotten much sleep

I would do 5 1/4 up front and 6 1/2 in the back with a nice 4x50 watt amp and then the two subs with the amp good highs and good lows.

I ran the 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 in my 94 integra with a 4x70 watt amp and had 4 10" subs with a 800 watt amp and it kicked some ass. (114db first comp)

114 dB???? What kind of subs were you using? I miked a 140 with a single 10" Diamond M6 w/ a ported box and an ARC Audio 2100 amp, 400 watts.... That was in a 4 door malibu.

shit, i hit 141.5 db with two shitty kenwood tens from best buy with 350 watt mtx class d amp

I have 2 infinity 12's in the back of my hatch but my shitty sony 760 watt amp can only push one of them and that dims my lights and drops my tac :( .
I would get another amp but im saving up for a gsr swap :p .

2-JL 12's
4-Alpine 6 1/2 Type R
Alpine Deck
RF 500W Amp
2- MBQuart tweets upfront

Originally posted by ventolin5@Aug 4 2003, 03:06 AM
I have 2 infinity 12's in the back of my hatch but my shitty sony 760 watt amp can only push one of them and that dims my lights and drops my tac :( .
I would get another amp but im saving up for a gsr swap :p .

you need a capacitor.

I have sony xplod in the front & back, two JBL 10" subs in the trunk powered by 800 watt class d amp bridged

Sony Xplod head unit - sounds great in my car "92 Integra" :worthy:

Originally posted by yoda@Aug 31 2003, 05:21 PM
I have sony xplod in the front & back, two JBL 10" subs in the trunk powered by 800 watt class d amp bridged

Sony Xplod head unit - sounds great in my car "92 Integra" :worthy:

Just what he said, and I'll add you had best either unhook them or get one soon because that will do some damage over time.

Back