speaker cutting in and out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I just replaced my front speakers in my 91 CRX. One was rattling and the both were cutting in and out on occasion. After I put the new ones in, they worked fine except that the left one will still cut out on me. Im certain that I made all the right connections when putting them in. Could it be the wiring after the speaker? Im trying to get an idea what I might need to fix.

Just run new speaker wire from your amp or deck to your speakers !!! Not a big deal, you can buy 50ft of oxygen free speaker wire from walmart for $9 !!! Or, check continuity in the existing line with a voltmeter...

:withstupid:
Check your wiring, hopefully its just a loose wire and you won't have to run new wire. As a tip, if you spliced anything, solder your connections.

I went back through and soldered the speakers in and I still getting the same exact problem. It seems to be at low volumes, when I turn up the volume itll cut the speaker back in if enough wattage is going to the speaker. I balanced the speakers a shade to the left and that has helped prevent it from going out a little less often.

Well double check both sides of your connetion. If one single strange of wire is touching metal it can cause this problem. My friend had a jetta with that exact same problem after installing aftermarket speaker. It turned out that one strand was touching the door. If that doesn't solve your problem replace the wire its easy.

I bet the wire is touching the door. I had wire tape on the wires before, but im assuming that is not enough to avoid a jump. Is there a suggested method to cover the open wires?

i have never had a problem using tape

but if you're using the stock wires that run from under the dash into the door i bet the stock wires are cracked where they flex when you open the door...
check it out...

Back