1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Investigator for Iraq spending shut down?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

so i was listening to the radio this morning and heard how a repub from calif piggybacked a bill onto the latest military spending legislation that would terminate/shut down the special investigator for iraq contracts in oct 2007

hmmm... kinda reminds me of nixon's debacle

discuss

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Hah.. funny.

3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

no one wants to touch this?
    this doesn't scream corruption to anyone else?

Chicago Tribune news | Registration

BBC NEWS | Business | US stops audit of Iraq rebuilding

THE STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ; Auditor in Iraq Finds Job Gone After Exposés - Free Preview - The New York Times

4. Celerity

hmm.. I'll look into this one.

that would make Evil Bush maneuver 2 that I've confirmed.
    John Bolton being #1.

5. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

It certainly would be a convenient way to silence further official exposition of crooked practices.

6. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

this "war" is nothing but a military and industrial occupation of iraq

terrorists - the commis of our generation

"we need to stop the _____" (insert boogey man here)

7. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

At least we agree on Yosemite Sam.

8. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

There is nothing wrong with Bolton's performance at the UN, in fact I think anyone who looks at his current performance objectively would say he's done well.

The "Special Investigation" budget is a laugh anyways. Everyone knows what happened leading up to Iraq2. The only function this ever served was as a faucet to poor anti Bush information and pressure into the media.

Even if the worst case scenario rumors about Bush messing with Intel (which came from another country) were correct we could still legally attack them as per numerous UN Resolutions. The fact that you don't like that doesn't make it illegal...

Once you understand that the worst anyone can say about Bush is that he spun information. OMG not a politician spinning information! That NEVER happens when the Dem's are in power...

9. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

this is more about how US companies are robbing US taxpayers with these contracts that aren't being finished etc

ok, he spun intelligence... which DIRECTLY led the US into the war and DIRECTLY led to the deaths of how many american soldiers? and how many are never going to be the same due to injuries etc?

its a little more than just spinning a little information...

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i don't.

I'm still wondering what happened to afghanistan, Al Queda, and the hunt for Osama.

11. Celerity

Typical Lib rhetoric lies ahead : Killed our troops / No reason for us to be at war
    Ignoring my speeches and endless links that PROVE that Iraq was a direct threat to the US. regardless of how I defend this argument, libs turn on CNN again and listen to NPR and go back into the brain washing.

I'm not doing it again - I will, however, call you all losers because you won't even give my evidence / proof a second glance because I don't work for the AP. Screw ya.

As far as Afghanistan, I'll tell you EXACTLY what happened in Afghanistan.:

We invaded Afghanistan to get rid of the Taliban, and Al-Quaida. We knew, as we know now, that AlQuaida is larger than the Taliban. The Taliban is like saying "New York city hall". the Taliban was supporting and housing AlQuaida, BinLaden and his training camps.

then we found out that the Taliban ALSO was in violation of zillions of human rights issues. From the public murdering of Women whos husbands have cheated on them, to the rape squads and child molesters who justified themselves under Sharia law.

So we got rid of the Taliban and did EXACTLY what the Dems want to do to Iraq: Leave. We left them with their own choices and their own government. And you know what those muslim assholes did ?

They got the TALIBAN BACK !.. This is exactly what will happen if we leave Iraq. They'll get another Saddam (Al-Sadr) back in leadership and carry on like nothing ever happened.

Just a few months ago, Afghanistan ordered the public execution of a citizen because they declared themselves Christian. The US had to go in and rescue him. this is RECENT too !

12. Celerity

And Osama is prolly in the one place that no one seems to be looking (Or allowed to look) - the mountains of Pakistan. Musharrif has no desire to look for him.

13. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

so why did the congressional committee disagree with your findings that iraq posed a threat?

and why did we have to limit our forces in afghanistan?
    ooh right, cause we got distracted with the iraq cluster fuck
    ever hear of finishing one project before you start another?

everything you say points to mismanagment of this "war on terror"

14. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

All of the "reasons" you spouted for Iraq have been the same tired, not to mention false, reasons given by the Bush administration. There were never any WMD's, there never was a tie to al-Qaeda. What's left??? A threat? Don't make me laugh, don't you remember how quickly the Iraqi military collapsed??? There are 2 reasons I can come up with that match the facts. The US is now occupying a country that has significant oil reserves, and it allows the US to surround the only nation that has successfully thumbed its nose at the US for 30 years now. If you still want to hold onto your delusions of terrorism and WMD's, be my guest it certainly would fit your track record of completely failing to observe reality and change your opinioins accordingly.

15. Celerity

spin spin sugar.

which committee is this ?

We limited our forces in Afghanistan because our mission was truly accomplished - out Taliban and Al Quaida. replace them with a better government. MY PERSONAL GOAL is to rid the world of Islam. I believe that if you feel we failed in Afghanistan, that you share this goal with me. (Feeling no closure?)

Iraq is a different thing because of the inter-muslim fighting going on (Everyone in Afghanistan was Shiite). In Iraq the country was more of a clusterfuck when we got there. The tribal fighting, the 3 flavors of Islam all fighting over the pie, and the oppressed Sunnis wanting retribution from the smaller Shiite division.

this shouldn't be news to you.

16. lsvtec

Boy you are full of crap today, The Taliban is a Wahabi/Sunni group. The ruling class in Afghanistan has always (until the US invasion) been Sunni. You use the same fact checker as Bill O'Reilly.

1 person likes this.
  17. Celerity

Dear Celerity,

You have received an infraction at Hondaswap.

http://hondaswap.com/showthread.php?p=729288

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    Certainly falls under a personal attack on any member that is Muslim.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Hondaswap

Dear LSVtec.

You're out of your fucking mind.

Best Regards,

Celerity.

"Certainly falls under a personal attack on any member that is Muslim." You better warn People for making fun of V8s, because it "certainly falls under a personal attack on any member that is a V8"

Blow it out your ass, remove the warning.

18. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i personally don't give a flying fuck if we nuke every Islamic country off the face of the earth

my major problem is the blatant corruption and war profiteering that we're seeing with the iraq debacle
    and who's getting fucked here? the US taxpayers, you and I are going to be paying this bill for decades to come
    and we're not accomplishing dick as far as getting a more stable middle east environment, nor are we making any of these Islamic countries into allies that would = a safer homeland

US soldiers are dying, US companies are making money hand over fist, yet we're not "winning" the war, nor are we making the world safer, and the taxpayers are going to be footing the bill, basically mortgaging our futures

to me, the means far outweigh the benefits

ok, you get no bid contracts with drastically overinflated costs...
    great, at least DO THE FUCKING JOB you're getting paid billions for

people say we're the only country to REBUILD other countries after we fight them... what exactly is rebuilt in iraq?
    perhaps if they had electric and water and jobs they might be a little more concerned with their personal day to day lives and a little less busy standing in the streets trying to figure out how to get us out of their country...

19. Celerity

You better warn him too.

20. lsvtec

Sorry no can do. You aren't above the rules here though I imaging that if you take cues from the administration like you seem to you would think that the rules ore for everyone else...

There is no way that what he said was a personal attack, he didn't say that he wanted to remove a group of people from the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.