Speed from nowhere on Comcast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
My old speedtest on Comcast, posted here on 9-19-09:

My new one:

WTF? I noticed it when I started downloading something just now at over a megabyte per second. I've never seen more than 300ish K on this connection downstream and about 85K upstream, now speedtest puts me at potential to download at over 2MB/sec and upload at 339K/sec, out of nowhere. :ph34r:

Not that I'm complaining!!

It's interesting. I live in a house of 6 guys. We have about 11 computers and a 360 all connected to the internet. We all torrent and get about 1.5 mb/sec recently. Its amazing. It used to bog down when ever anyone torrented, but recently its amazing.

lol thats great. i just hope they dont send you a letter regarding "customer usage training."

oh and a couple things about "bogging down" during torrenting.either they are looking at packets or data usage for you guys and throttling, or your router cant handle so many requests.

either way, great news for you guys!

now i just wish att would have something faster than 3.0 meg.YUCK

congrats, you're finally not getting fucked! :D

ehh mines alright

659704146.png

490279187.png

I should check it again sometime, but I routinely get 4.1 MB/s from usenet servers, and can upload to friends at over 2MB/s. Comcast had been upgrading everything for a while, and they finally "flipped the switch" so to speak.

wat the fack!!! i live in the heart of silicon valley and some of your guy's internet connections make mine look foolish. f u comcast!

wanna talk about weak. I live in dallas:

I expect those kinda numbers in hartford. not the other way around.

That's with 4 computers, a 360, and one person downloading 2 movies...

my laptop is screwed right no so this is from my moms house

Oh and BTW, mine is on my laptop. We also have a desktop and a 360 pulling from that, and my iPhone if that counts.

Back