Speed govenor on a pr3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n8dawg

I took it to this Cammaro the other night and passed it at 120 but the the govenor on my pr3 told me i couldnt go any faster. I know the b16a in my 89 crx hf with i/h/e is fully capable of going 140ish, does anyone know where I can get a cheap mod for the ecu to take off the govenor?

The rev limiter is set by the computer and cannot be changed without a reprogram, in most cases this is something you don't want to change. You can unplug the speed sensor and will work you will just get a cel light.

don't un plug the fucking speed sensor. too many other things rely on it.... like VTEC for one, your speedometer for another

they sell $20 resistors or things like it at stores all over to simply plug inline .. google it up

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 17 2004, 02:45 PM
don't un plug the fucking speed sensor. too many other things rely on it.... like VTEC for one, your speedometer for another

they sell $20 resistors or things like it at stores all over to simply plug inline .. google it up
[post=378104]Quoted post[/post]​

Misinformation:

1. on 4G cars, the VSS is in the speedo in the cluster, so if you unplug the speedo wire from the ECU, you do not lose the speedo on the dash. (You are correct that vtec gets a little unhappy)

2. $20 resistor will not do the job unless something really weird is going on. VSS = 4 pulses per turn of the wheels. resistor doesn't turn a pulse train into a lower frequency pulse train.

oops I forget about the b16 having vtec, you tend forget about those things when you have a zc. :p

VSS = 4 pulses per turn of the wheels

Out of curiosity how fast does the wheel turn at say 50mph? I mean what would you use to figure that out.

Best Thing to do is Ebay, the sell performance chips for like $22 shipped and all you do is sotter it in, it takes away the govener and also the rev limiter is brought up higher and better fuel curve so on and so forth....

i dont have vtec so doing things like that doesnt effect me at all. Ill say thats one nice thing about not having it some of the less electrical problems.

Back