1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed govenor on a pr3

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by n8dawg, Aug 15, 2004.

1. n8dawg

n8dawg Member

I took it to this Cammaro the other night and passed it at 120 but the the govenor on my pr3 told me i couldnt go any faster. I know the b16a in my 89 crx hf with i/h/e is fully capable of going 140ish, does anyone know where I can get a cheap mod for the ecu to take off the govenor?

2. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

talk to the guys on here about getting a eprom chip for it. Or the cheap way is unplug your speed sensor.

3. blngblngskater

blngblngskater Member

does the speed sensor also control the rev limiter
    how do you take rev limiter off if not

4. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

The rev limiter is set by the computer and cannot be changed without a reprogram, in most cases this is something you don't want to change. You can unplug the speed sensor and will work you will just get a cel light.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

don't un plug the fucking speed sensor. too many other things rely on it.... like VTEC for one, your speedometer for another

they sell $20 resistors or things like it at stores all over to simply plug inline .. google it up

6. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

Misinformation:

1. on 4G cars, the VSS is in the speedo in the cluster, so if you unplug the speedo wire from the ECU, you do not lose the speedo on the dash. (You are correct that vtec gets a little unhappy)

2. $20 resistor will not do the job unless something really weird is going on. VSS = 4 pulses per turn of the wheels. resistor doesn't turn a pulse train into a lower frequency pulse train.

7. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

oops I forget about the b16 having vtec, you tend forget about those things when you have a zc. :p

Out of curiosity how fast does the wheel turn at say 50mph? I mean what would you use to figure that out.

8. LsVtecInteg

LsVtecInteg Junior Member

Best Thing to do is Ebay, the sell performance chips for like $22 shipped and all you do is sotter it in, it takes away the govener and also the rev limiter is brought up higher and better fuel curve so on and so forth....

9. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

i dont have vtec so doing things like that doesnt effect me at all. Ill say thats one nice thing about not having it some of the less electrical problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted