1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speed govenor

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondacivicjosh, Dec 23, 2003.

1. hondacivicjosh

hondacivicjosh Member

can some one tell me how to remove the speed govoner on a 92 accord if it even has one and does it have a rev limiter? thanks

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

i thought only lawnmowers(and that nature) had governors(and other small motors that dont have a tach)

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

rev limiter, you definitely have one. Governor to limit top speed, you may have one. Either way, your ECU is the key. Get a chipped ECU with the right specs, and you won't have a problem. Oh, and cross your fingers, cuz I doubt your motor will overspin and like it.

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

the only way to disable the speed governor is to either 1) replace the ECU with an aftermarket one (hondata) 2) get an engine management system which will allow you to override your factory ECU settings, or 3) have your ECU reprogrammed (as mentioned above).

5. theb17guy

theb17guy Member

it does have a speed governor. its called an f22. At 110 mph, the f22 speed governor kicks in. :D

also it is useless to rev over like 5500 rpm on that motor because power drops off considerably

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted