speed sensor question on a swap HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jester46357

so i have a crx with a b18b1 engine wired with everything including das out of a 95 integra the problem ive run into is the 95 integra speedo is electric and after everything ive done have come to realize that the tranny is aparently out of a 93 which runs the speedo by cable ive looked at pictures of the speedo sensor out of a 94 and up and it looks almost identical on the gear and shaft as well as the mount but am scared im gonna spend a bunch of money to convert it to electronic speedo and it wont work does anyone know if the speed sensor out of a 94 integra will bolt up to the tranny out of a 93 from what im told the only real difference is the gearing inside which i hope wont effect the sensor. and if it wont bolt up what are my options to convert it to electric speedo? please any help would be greatly apreciated

You should just be able to stuff any electronic speed sensor into the tranny and wire it up and it should work. It should bolt right into the tranny. d/b-series use the same thing.
the cable spools have the vss in the cluster, but since you're using the teg cluster, you need to use the electronic VSS as well.

thanks for the help ive been asking on forums and mechanics and friends no one has been willing to give me the answer you guys are the best

Back