speed sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

se-i

im in the process of deciding what i want to swap into my 89 accord, so far its either a B series or an H series engine. im leaning towards an H series engine because there is so few people known to have them, that ill be fairly exclusive. with the B series, i would be pretty exclusive, but theres already quite a few people with them around. the main question that i want answered is, is there a cable speed sensor option for an H series transmission like there is on a B series transmission?

i know theres alot more B series engines then there are H series engines, but since everything is fabricated by scratch, i have the option of picking which one i want to put in my car. i just dont get how i can get around the whole electronic speed sensor thing on the H series engine like i can the B series engine. its not like i can swap a cluster in or anything because nothing else fits in

To make is easier on you man do the b series. Everything about the H runs off of hydraulics. Also puting the h in, wouldn't it have clearance issues? Just do you a nice B series engine. Your car is fit for more of a b series type engine than an h. The H would be nice in it since it's light, I love my h22a in my Accord. I know what you mean about exclusive, I'm exclusive because nobody else I know has an h22 in their accord except for maybe one guy that they say he has one in it, I never seen the engine but from what I remember the sound of it, it's a good possiblity. You can build a nice b20vtec or a poor mans type r and put in it.

there has already been a few guys, im guessing less then 5, that have done an H series swap on the accord. one guy that built a track car out of the accord said it was a tight fit and alot of things had to be done about it. he hasnt finished yet, but im assuming he will be done very soon though. another guy had the H series swap done, and his mechanic said theres plenty of room to stick an H series engine in there. his mechanics got everything working properly like it should, and got a cable-hydraulic clutch conversion done to it as well. i just dont know how they got the speedo to work properly

one of the reason why i wanted to stay away from a B series was because the shift linkage is similar to the accords shift linkage, that it makes it alot harder to fabricate the linkage to the right length. with the H series, i gotta find a shifter console out of a 90-97 accord and bolt it down to my chassis and run the shift cables to the tranny.

My h22 is my 94 coupe, which was a direct swap, I have power steering and ac as well and cruise control. Talk to them and find out about the kit that they used and how they got the speedo to work. Are you building a track car or a daily driver?

the accord im trying to swap it into is an 89 accord, basically no company makes much, if any, after market parts for it. as far as the car goes, its my daily driver, so im not going to want to put an insane amount of power down to keep drivablility nice. they made custom mounts and modified the chassis to accomodate the mounts they used which is an EG kit they used. they basically fit the engine in there like it would sit inside a civic. they barely go on the board, so its hard to ask them how they got it done...

Back