Speeding ticket=advertisement special?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Got my first speeding ticket in NC the other day. When I lived in NY for doing a 82 in a 65 I would have not even thought of getting a lawer. Apparently the law firms of this state thing differently, I got a stack of letters in the mail today from half the law firms in Raleigh. I've never recieved a single one when I was in NY.
I still have my NY drivers license and have to get it changed soon anyway, so we will see how much of a fine I get and if I decide to plead not guilty or not.
IMG00019.JPG

talk to the prosecutor. plead innocent. they'll cut you a deal

I got a unlawful left turn not even 24 hours later had a stack of lawyer letters. They are just out to make money. Lawyers have databases out to track that kind of stuff.

I just found it wierd, never ever got a single one of those when I lived in NY. Then my mail box is full of them today.

I got a shitload (like, 4 or 5 letters a day) of letters like that back when I got arrested earlier this year.

Yea I got a whole bunch when I got a ticket too. They probably don't get much clients and are desperate for anything.

awww man i jersey its really bad... within a week youll get at least 15-20 letters from lawyers... its out of control

Just got the ticket taken care of. After all those lawyer offers, they ruduced it to a 73 in a 65. $125 fine. I still have NY licence, and I read on thier dmv site that they don't report out of state tickets, so no points on the license.
I still want to know who gives out your personal information and what type of traffic violation you recieved to all those lawyers, seems like an invasion of privacy to me.
:diespam:

I think they just look at court records/schedules. Here in NC you can look up your record and court dates on the internet.

I just got a ticket too, in Chatham county, 79 in a 55, and improper equipment. I've got about 6 lawyer ads now.

wow...ive never seen anything like that...and im 2 states down in Georgia...lol

Back