Speeding ticket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Well...........i got my first speeding ticket :eek: 105mph :( Yup this ones gonna be a knot $$$

Originally posted by B16@Jun 24 2004, 03:18 PM
sweeet, 2pts for you :)

Was that sarcasm? because thats like a 4-6point ticket atleast.

fucking :owned:

Let me guess, court appearance, Defensive Driving class, and 1 year probation on top of the ticket costs... did you get a reckless with it? oh and then you have court costs... and the cost of the DD class. God you're Owned.

Been there, done that.

damn, they could pull your license

reckless driving, reckless endangerment, speed not reasonable/prudent, 104 mph in a xx mph, and i'm sure they could give you a whole lot more...

ticket? you lucky SOB.

anything over 85 = you walk home and have reckless driving auto 30-day revoke.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 24 2004, 01:20 PM
ticket? you lucky SOB.

anything over 85 = you walk home and have reckless driving auto 30-day revoke.

Yup...
and it is not like you can really be too pissed about it. You had it coming...

Jeff, did your mom tell you I called and told her about the tires I have just sitting around? She told me to call back later that day when she would be home and I did, but no one picked up so I left another message.

I guess you got some wheels though since you were out speeding. If you need the tires I'll give them to you, let me know what's up.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jun 24 2004, 03:56 PM
Jeff, did your mom tell you I called and told her about the tires I have just sitting around? She told me to call back later that day when she would be home and I did, but no one picked up so I left another message.

I guess you got some wheels though since you were out speeding. If you need the tires I'll give them to you, let me know what's up.

Hey Mike what kind of tires are they?

Originally posted by B16+Jun 24 2004, 09:21 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 24 2004, 12:19 PM
B16
@Jun 24 2004, 03:18 PM
sweeet, 2pts for you :)

Was that sarcasm? because thats like a 4-6point ticket atleast.

in CA it would be 2pts, i'm sure we have a different point system than you.

you got any links on how to beat a ticket in cali issued by one of those fucking cameras?

they did not send the ticket via registered mail....

not sure, if they have your front plate and your face you're pretty screwed... remove your front plate from now on, i do :)

Originally posted by integraslut78+Jun 24 2004, 07:05 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Jun 24 2004, 03:56 PM

Hey Mike what kind of tires are they?

one is a Dunlop, it's some kind of road racing tire, the tread looks aggressive, it's pretty much brand new, only had it on my car for a month or 2. And the other is some no name brand but it has tread on it. I was just gonna give it to Jeff to see if it would help him out any to get his car back on the road. He was gonna buy some rotas from a friend of mine but I guess my friend backed out without telling Jeff or myself.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 24 2004, 03:38 PM
damn, they could pull your license

reckless driving, reckless endangerment, speed not reasonable/prudent, 104 mph in a xx mph, and i'm sure they could give you a whole lot more...

In Jersey if you get caught doing more than 20 or 25 over the speed limit, they can take you home in those nice silver bracelets.

Originally posted by B16@Jun 24 2004, 10:32 PM
not sure, if they have your front plate and your face you're pretty screwed... remove your front plate from now on, i do :)

that wont help you at all... those cameras take like 7 pics from all directions.... the'll still get your face. and your rear plate. theres no getting out of it. the camera records EVERYTHING.

i guess you could say that you never got the ticket in the mail but i dunno how good that might work.

Originally posted by 90crxb18+Jun 25 2004, 08:07 AM-->
@Jun 24 2004, 10:32 PM

that wont help you at all... those cameras take like 7 pics from all directions.... the'll still get your face. and your rear plate. theres no getting out of it. the camera records EVERYTHING.

i guess you could say that you never got the ticket in the mail but i dunno how good that might work.

the cameras do not go off in every direction, have you ever driven through one? i have a few times. they only take a picture from the front of you. the ones that face other directions are for when the red light is run from that direction.

Yeah, i got one of those friggin camera tickets here in phoenix, took the class paid the fine, raised my insurance. Then i did the research on how to beat it. Turns out, if you just never reply to the letter, they have a hard time getting it to you. The PD generally will not "hand serve" the ticket. But even if they do, turns out they have to take the pics and everything to court if you try it. And, thanks to the good 'ol USA, they have to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that its you drivin...pretty hard to do; especially if you let friends drive your car a lot. ;) But if you reply to the letter, its an admission of guilt. Which means your fucked.

Originally posted by B16+Jun 25 2004, 11:45 AM-->
Originally posted by 90crxb18@Jun 25 2004, 08:07 AM
B16
@Jun 24 2004, 10:32 PM

the cameras do not go off in every direction, have you ever driven through one? i have a few times. they only take a picture from the front of you. the ones that face other directions are for when the red light is run from that direction.

i saw have a friend who had one. i saw the ticket personally, there was 5 pictures on it. on of the whole car from the front, one zoomed in on your face, one zoomed in on the plates, side, and rear. the ticet tells EVERYTHING. even how long you passed through the intersection after the light was red, and your speed. i saw the ticket with my own eyes.

i dunno where your from but the ticket i saw was in newport beach california, maybe its different wherever your from.

Back