Speedo and tach doesn't work with the P75

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vxn12

Hi,

My speedometer tachometer isn't working when I swap to the B18B engine from an 01 Integra. I used the OBD1 ecu. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Originally posted by allbottledup@Sep 13 2004, 02:12 PM
an 01 integra is obd2b not obd1 i hope you got the conversion harness
[post=389706]Quoted post[/post]​

read his post again

he put an 01 motor in his 94 car with an obd1 p75 ecu.

there is nothing wrong with this method.

check the VSS for the spedo.

the tach is driven off of the distributor. its doubtful that youd forget both--- sounds like something is up wiht your dash.

pissedoffsol,

I still have the problem. I double, triple checked my wiring. I haven't touched my dash at all. Tach was working before the swap. Now it's not. Could this be somehow related to my engine running rich? My car is exhausting alot of black smoke. Could this be related to the distributor (i.e. poor ignition)? I don't really know if my speedometer is working or not; I haven't put the tires on to test drive yet. I don't get any codes at all. My spark plugs and O2 is gunked up with black deposits from running rich. Help!!!!! Somebody told me to swap out my Del Sol fuel pump to the Integra pump. DO you think it will help?

Your VSS is probably bad. A motor running rich or smoking isn't going to affect the speedometer or tachometer.

listen to the man! he said the TACH not the speedo.
Unless my memory is totally shot, OBD2B cars lack the tach output in the distributor.
The easiest solution to this is to use a 92-95 LS distributor. If you really don't want to do that, I think you can drive it off the ground terminal of the coil.

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 28 2004, 09:34 PM
listen to the man! he said the TACH not the speedo.

[post=395853]Quoted post[/post]​

Learn to READ, here, I'll quote the title of the thread for you...

Speedo and tach doesn't work with the P75

Sorry for the confusion. I test drove the car. My Speedo is working fine. My tach is not working. Radnulb, are you sure there is no tach output on the OBD2 distributor? Maybe this explains why my tach isn't working. Can you give me more info on how to add a tach output. Do I just tap off the ground terminal of the coil to go directly into the tach cluster wire? Which wire is the ground terminal of the coil? I don't want to buy a OBD1 distributor just to make my tach work. Thank you to all of you for your help.

I believe you can just tap the ground terminal of the coil in the distributor to use as a signal for the tach. I'm not positive that the stock tach works in the same manner as an aftermarket one, but I would expect so.

Back