Speedo prob !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_types

Swaped a JDM B16a Sir2 with a Y21 Lsd tranny into my 93' hatch, just put in a Act Clutch kit in, and my speedo doesn't work anymore, and I have now have an engine light? speedo clip is cliped in. every clip and sensor is cliped back in. Tach and gauge functions all work besides the speedo. Anyone ever have this prob.?

I have maybe 50 miles on the new clutch, and it feels kinda ruff?? Is this normal?
Flywheel was shaved aswell.

Thanks in advance.

I pulled the VSS and it was kinda dirty, I cleaned, and lightly greased. Still not working.

Anyone know if a D16 VSS, will bolt up, or match a B16a VSS ??

I feel this may be the problem because before I did the clutch, whenever abused the speedometer would jump around, or not even work.

I am throwing a code (engine light). It's gotta be the VSS.

make sure it is snapped in all the way. On the 2 swaps I did, both times I thought I did, but they ended up not being totally snaped in.

What code are you throwing?

Yes, the d-sereis and b-series manual VSS's are interchangeable.

I tossed on my D-Series VSS, works but now my speedo jumps up and down with a little bit of abuse.

Mins your guys I have a GSR dash.... wiring prob behind the cluster?

P.S. No longer throws a code

could be the issues..........

never knew the B and D series VSS was interchangeable, but ohwell.

when my accord did it, i had to replace the entire distributor assembly. that fixed it..

Back