speedo problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90civicb16a

since ive had my car the speedo hasnt worked and i have no idea why the cable is fine but i noticed im missing the clip that holds the speedo into the trans im not sure what it could be and because my speedo doesnt work my vtec isnt kickin in because the computer isnt readin any speed please help

thanks alot hopefully everything works out for me also since i have a yl trans with lsd on the car do i need a special vss for it?????

Are you sure that the cable is good?

Is it actually engaging into the trans or is it just stuck in there?

its not stuck i can pull it in and out of my trans easily..... one of my friends said i have the wrong differential in my trans and it doesnt have another gear in the trans to run the speedo but idk about that becuase the car is suppose to hit vtec and if it was made that way there would be no use of vtec

No, I mean is the square part actually engaged into the other square-shaped hole inside of the trans housing. It is possible to just stick the cable in and have it say, but the two shapes won't be engaged into each other.

To check and see if the diff is correct, try removing the cable so that you can see inside of the opening. There should be a square shaped insert. Roll the car around and watch and see if that spins.

If it does, then install the cable again. Remove the cable from the back of the gauge cluster. Then drive the car. If the cable is spinning, then the plug it back into the gauge and see if the gauge is now working. If not, then your cable is broken or the other end is not engaging properly.

ill have to go check that but what ive seen so far was the cable and it goes into another piece that is inside the trans and at the end of that piece is a gear

both sides will have gears on it but the part that goes into the tranny needs to sit in there good and firm, and if it is in there good and firm see it the speedo is working if not its time for a new vss

if its not staying in there good and firm then yes it can

bro i just picked the car up im just trying to figure some things out i got a civic with a b16a for 1000 and im new to this so i wanna get rid of all the lil issues

Back