speedo swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

burninriceinva

i was thinking for putting an EDM speedo in my 91 CRX. if ne1 out there has done this swap. i would like to know if there is any wiring that needs to be done and how difficult it will be? also, will the stock speedo cable mate with the EDM unit?

well if ne1 is interested i went ahead and bought the speedo. the swap was gravy plug and play. however, the seatbelt light was eliminated this is a bonus because i dont have factory seat belts anymore. had to remove one light that was labeled ALB i figure this means Anti lock Brakes. also has a shift light i doubt this will work but going to work on it will post again if i figure this out. the hole swap took about 30 min including a smoke break. this was worth the money [about $200 with shipping] now have a speedo with a 9500 rpm tach and the speedo tops out at 155 mph.

well i found out why the speedo swap was so easy. i talked to the person that owned the car before me and he had put a edm cluster in it just did not have the upgraded tach and speedo. however, if you dont feel like repinning the cluster and i did some searching on this subject. the easiest way to do this swap is to switch the gauges.

Back