ok got a 93 civic lx swaped out the 1.5 for a 1.6 vtec "d16y8" after the swap my speedo only works about 1/2 of the time. i had to use alot of things from the 1.5 due to the fact i didnt get the ecu for the d16y8 i reused the throttle body, intake manafold, injectors, and fuel rail. i have tried using the distributer from both engines with the same results. i have replaced the speedo sencer and no change. the speedo worked fine before the swap and is accurate when it does work now. i have also recently converted it to a 5 speed and still the same problem. i dont know what else could be the problem.