speedo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ktrain

my speedometer is not working and cel is lit up, any suggs?

VSS

if you look behind your stereo head unit (on the drivers side...youll have to move the seat ALL the way back) and find and pull a blue connector with two wires going into it. there are two plugs...its the one closer to center on the left side.

make sure your ignition is off, then
use a paper clip to jump the connector (just put one end into each hole)

then turn the engine to on, but do not start the engine (II position) and tell us what the CEL does.

Should have some long blinks and some short blinks.

Long blinks = 10 Short Blinks =1

e.g. 2 long blinks and 3 short blinks = code 23. if you have more than one code there will be a 2 second pause and i different code will blink. We will need that code to help you out.

I got the same problem. Mine is due to a bad wire at the wire plug on top of the sensor. Gotta try and redo the connection this weekend when I have time. Good luck.

well if you drive down to tx, ill do it for you, but i doubt thats an option

Thats where u jump it with say a paper clip, and read the code. As reikoshea has said.
Jesus, READING > YOU.

there is no blue plug, just a gold box w/ 2 seperate receptacles?

EGR (emissions equipment) VSS (sensor on the tranny that tells you how fast you are going) and 02 sensor.

Basically all the stuff that makes your car run right is effed up. Id check your wiring and make sure you dont have any open plugs on the harness. the only acceptable one is your dizzy coil, and then you better have something spliced into that wiring.

Hah, I opened this and was thinking of the swimsuit, I couldn't believe someone posted about a fkn man-kini :)

fixed egr problem, still got o2 sensor to replace. On the speedo, I pulled the vss and spun it over via my handy dandy drill and speedo registered, thinking something internal in tranny where the gears mesh. What's your take?

dizzy coil?

which dizzy are you using. as memory served mine went wacky on me using the external one.

Back