Speedometer and odometer doesnt work!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

N/A b18c1

Mysterious
The main centered unit doesnt work....as for everything else works, before i got this car my brother's been punch the cluster from the top of the dash and it works...(heard it can just messed up things even more)

Well he gave me the car as for the engine itself is messed up...valve stems are burnt and it knocks ALOT... pistons look dirty and GANKED UP LOL....

I swapped out the engine with a JDM b18c1 and had to use the civic harness (with some wirings to some sensors) everything is completely fine until i pull up a CEL code 17....VSS...i mean comon...the d16 didnt work i figure that...but how can it happen on this motor also..? connection/adapter does have some corrosions but i clean it with electric cleaner and cleared it all out, still nothing...im farious......Light for cluster doesnt work also...

** Things I've tried so far...**
Cluster works on my brothers EG
Tried cleaning the connections on cluster (Paper like where adapters click into) blew fuse 10amp LOL...but fixxed it
Clean my adapter on the speed sensor
re-place the JDM ECU with USDM ECU
Tried punching the dash LOL...
I think thats all i did...

PLEASE HELP!!!!:eek:

No i have not tried checking the VSS...whats the steps on checking the VSS? the connector does have battery voltage to them all three...didnt work before..how come it doesnt work either when i swapped motor...

I did not use any old parts...every sensor was on the engine complete set-up from manifold - head-block and header to the down pipe....engine has bouat 15k-20k miles starts like new...runs strong but vtec doesnt kick.. cause of the problem of the speedometer not working...everything on the engine should be partially new everything is still factory product except for intake and breathers...

i would think i know that...right under the Dis.cap...so tell me the steps of checking the VSS...

Back