speedometer not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

Speedometer quit working on my 91 si hatch...what can it be???its not the speed cable cuz I triple checked it and its firmly plugged in...need some help...thanx

take the cover off the cluster and wiggle the wires in the back of the cluster. prolly a bad connection (because of its age). same exact thing happend to me. same exact car.

have u checked the VSS? if the ecu cannot see a clear voltage reading most of the time it wont allow the guage to wrk

if you havn't done it already... when you take the cover off, unplug the harness from the cluster plug it back in and drive it without the cover on. if it still doest work try wiggling the wires while moving.. NOTE. this is just to find out if its a bad connection. if this is the problem, get it fixed!!

forget the trouble bro just get a new one trust me if its all jacked up it probably just will never be right but first make sure you check all the connections like vss and behind cluster

when you remove the cover over the top of the cluster. unplug the cable, and pull on it softly. if it comes out then the cable was binding and brook in the sleeve. Autozone sells a universal cable for the honda Acura cable for $6.99 PART#03369..... BUY IT CUT IT, CRIMP IT, DRIVE IT (GOOD TO GO)

If the cable was making a noise before it quit working it will be a rusted, or weak cable that brook. I have saw this on more that one occasion. I will be more common on cars from the east or mid west because of the rain, snow, old age I guess. Good luck and tell use what works..

No, the cable is compressesd square on one side, and crimped on the end that goes into the trans speed unit. The cable is only like $20 on ebay or $55.00 at the dealer. that way cheaper then a speeding ticket, unless you don't pay tickets.lol

Back