Speedometer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeppreyboy

My Girlfriend had a 92 civic 4 door and the speedometer has been going crazy lately. Sometimes it'll bounce around on its own and sometimes it'll read 0mph when we are going like 50 mph. Everytime the speedometer acts up a CEL pops up. Anyone know how to fix this or what I can do to fix it for her??

or it could ur wire.. if your car is lowered or you go up steep hills, you can miss up that stuff.. its right under your car.. not sure, think near the exhaust system.

Same problem with my RPM guage....
It just maybe simple problem maybe..
1) Does you change ur gauge or even take out the guage or touch at the guage???If yes then maybe your needle just touch the guage and cant move it when hitting the guage...
Just pop the odometer out and wiggle ur needle a bit, just little touch (dont worry it wont damage) then check your guage mount, see if it flat or not...maybe it uneven...that the only problem I think...

Me I just fix my RPM needle and it works fine now, but now my odometer..it is running up fine nicely but the darn thing is it drop so darn slow...I mean it drop from 60 and down for like 25 sec... :blink: :blink: I just sat there and wondering why is that ..... :unsure: :sleep:

Back